Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to download specific files and save in two folders Post 302945551 by d0wngrade on Sunday 31st of May 2015 01:41:32 AM
Old 05-31-2015
Well I would probably try to somehow incorporate a "counter" on the file downloaded. Maybe a for() incremental loop and if its on file X or file Y run the wget. If not you should have your script cd into a different directory and then run the wget for file Z. I hope that makes sense...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decompressed files to specific folders

Hi all, I have a script below which meant to decompress *.tr.gz to allocated folder. e.g. hello.tar.gz should be decompress to a subdirectory called hello and all the files should be in hello subdirectory. How do i do it? Am i missing anything? Condition: there are existing tar.gz in teh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring specific files and folders

I want a mechanism to monitor a folder full of files that are sensitive. I want to log all accesses,modifications and changes to any file within the folder in a log file which should give me access/modify/change times,the user id of the process which tried and the pid. Even some idea of what to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FAQ how to download multiple specific files via command line

Hi, This evening i would like to download multiple pcap captures files in the wireshark wiki sites. My aim is to download the capture files .pcap .cap and etc on the wireshark site SampleCaptures - The Wireshark Wiki. i already used wget, lynx, htget but still their problem downloading..it seems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to tell download where specific files are stored

The bash below will download all the files in download to /home/Desktop/folder. That works great, but within /home/Desktop/folder there are several folders bam, other, and vcf, is there a way to specify by extention in the download file where to download it to? For example, all .pdf and .zip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to list all folders in a specific directory

The below bash is trying to list the folders in a specific directory. It seems close but adds the path to the filename, which basename could strip off I think, but not sure why it writes the text file created? This list of folders in the directory will be used later, but needs to only be the... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it, so it will only echo those with specific word #!/bin/bash for filename in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $filename; fithx! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies
GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)						File Formats Manual						 GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)

NAME
gkrellkam-list - format of the list description files used by GKrellKam DESCRIPTION
GKrellKam lists describe a series of image sources, used in order or at random by the GKrellKam plugin. Online lists (downloadable by GKrellKam with HTTP) use this same syntax. Blank lines and comments (beginning with '#') in GKrellKam lists are ignored. Every line of text that does not begin with a tab character is considered an image source. An image source can be one of several types: image Sources of type image consist of a complete local filename to an image file. url Type url is just that; a ftp:// or http:// URL pointing at an online image file. script Type script is a system command, executed in a shell by GKrellKam when it's time to get this image. The output of the command is assumed to be a complete filename of a local image file, optionally terminated with newlines/whitespace. The corresponding image is loaded. list Type list causes a different GKrellKam list to be included in the current one. Each image source line should look like this: type: name The "type: " part of the line can be omitted for images and URLs, to make these list files backwards compatible with earlier versions of GKrellKam, but it is suggested that you specify them. It will enhance the readability of the list file. There are also properties that can be applied to types image, url, and script. Properties must follow the image source line that they mod- ify, and must begin with a tab character. These include: tooltip This sets the message shown when the mouse is kept over the image panel in GKrellKam for a few seconds. If not set, the image's filename or URL is shown instead. seconds This changes the number of seconds that an image will remain displayed. If not set, the "Default number of seconds" set for that panel in the GKrellM configuration window will be used. refresh If set, this sets the minimum length of time that must elapse before the image is re-loaded. If the image cycles up before that time, the old image will be used. For script types, this means that the script will not be re-run. For url types, the image will not be fetched using wget. When this property is not set, url images will be downloaded every time they are displayed, and scripts will be run every time. EXAMPLE
This is a simple example of a GKrellKam list. For a better example, see example.list from this distribution. # .krellkam.list # This list rotates through ~/pics/mypic[1-4].jpg along with a # webcam, and then displays the pictures in ~/lists/sub.list image: /home/paul/pics/mypic1.jpg /home/paul/pics/mypic2.jpg image: /home/paul/pics/mypic3.jpg http://www.usu.edu/webcam/fullsize.jpg [tab] tooltip: This is the building where I work image: /home/paul/pics/mypic4.jpg [tab] seconds: 4 [tab] tooltip: Don't display this one very long list: /home/paul/lists/sub.list FILES
$HOME/.krellkam.list - The default source for the first GKrellKam panel example.list - A sample GKrellKam list AUTHOR
GKrellKam was written by paul cannon <paul@cannon.cs.usu.edu>. This manual page was written by the same author for inclusion in the GKrel- lKam distribution, and may be used by others. SEE ALSO
wget(8) Dec 7, 2001 GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)