Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Semaphore - lockfile/flock
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Semaphore - lockfile/flock Post 302945532 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 30th of May 2015 09:17:34 AM
Old 05-30-2015
Or use mkdir
Code:
#!/bin/sh
trap "rmdir lockdir" EXIT
if mkdir lockdir
then
  echo start process
fi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry every ten seconds while lockfile present

Hi, I have written below check lockfile script but need some tweaking on it. If there is a lockfile from present, I need the script to retry every 10 seconds to see if the lockfile is still there. After 120 seconds it should send an email. In my current version, if the script encounters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meert
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"lockfile: command not found"

Just tried out the following code from "Using lockfiles in shell scripts": #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "File exists" else echo "File does not exists. Create file now." echo 1 > number.txt fi lockfile script.lock a=$(/usr/bin/tail -n 1 number.txt) if ; then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: courteous
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Lockfile Command

Hi, I am new to this forum, could any one please help me to understand the LOCKFILE command with an example and what exactly it is used for and how it is used. Thanks Reshu289 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reshu289
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using Flock (file lock)

Hello, I have been working on using "flock"/file lock to prevent two instances of a bash script from being executed. Below is a simplified version of what I have to illustrate the flock part. It works as it is set up there below however the piece I am trying to figure out is how to get it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infrared013
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of flock command for whole script

I'm changing my mindset from a few big processes moving data from a few sources under an external, dependency-based scheduler to multiple processes moving data from many sources run by each client cron and possibly interfering with each other. It has the benefits of more granular code but I'm... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flock preventing function to work

Hi i have a script that check pings and i use flock to so the script wont run multipul times : its not the whole script but this is the idea : ( flock -x -w 3 200 || exit 1 /usr/sbin/fping -c$count -i$interval -a $hosts > $FILE1 2>&1 ) 200>/var/lock/.myscript.exclusivelock now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies
LFC-MKDIR(1)							 LFC User Commands						      LFC-MKDIR(1)

NAME
lfc-mkdir - make LFC directory in the name server SYNOPSIS
lfc-mkdir [-m mode] [-p] path... DESCRIPTION
lfc-mkdir creates the specified LFC directories in the name server. This requires write permission in the parent directory. The owner ID and group ID of the new directories are set to the requestor's real user ID and group ID, respectively. path specifies the LFC pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the LFC_HOME environment variable. The lfc-mkdir command has the following options: -m specifies the mode to be used. Default mode is 777. -p creates all the non-existing parent directories first. The mode set for the created intermediate directories is the logical differ- ence between 0777 and the user umask but at least 0300. EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_mkdir(3), lfc_umask(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LFC
$Date: 2001/10/04 12:12:54 $ LFC-MKDIR(1)