Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 packages
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 packages Post 302945430 by bentech4u on Friday 29th of May 2015 09:44:14 AM
Old 05-29-2015
you are welcome mate

HI

below links will help you setup local mirror

Getting started, optional steps

Index of /opencsw/

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 05-30-2015 at 05:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where can I find details of what various Solaris packages do?

Among varous other items, I'm trying to find out what "Authentication Management Infrastructure" (package SUNWamix) does, and why would a sysadmin disable it? The reason given is 'for security purposes' without explanation ... how and why is AMI such a 'security risk' that it has to be turned off?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muleheadjoe
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Packages necessary for Floppy Access

I'm a newbie to Unix, but am working with some people that are more knowledgable than I, and we're all stumped. We are working to secure (Information Assurance) a Command & Control System that uses a Solaris 8 Application server. As part of this process, we are attempting to minimize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris packages and .CSW files

Hello, I would like to know what are the *.CSW file for in a Solaris package or what is the "politic" of those files. I realized for example that when I install my package of Postfix, I have some postfix files created in /opt/csw/etc/postfix but some of them have the .CSW extension. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Remove orphaned packages on Solaris ?

Is there any command that removes orphaned packages in Solaris ? Or a program similar to gtkorphan from Debian ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinezu'
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Gnome Packages on Solaris 10 u6

If my system is supposed to be a pure oracle database server can i remove all the GNOME packages from the system ? Currently system is installed with Everything+OEM and i want the image to be as small as possible remove the unnecessary softwares from it so that its a master image for other servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

can one install packages from different Solaris 10 subversion on a SPARC? (if we don't have the install media for exact same Solaris10.) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris packages and installation query

Hi, Need a small help Bash$> pkginfo | grep -i compress system SUNWbzip The bzip compression utility system SUNWgzip The GNU Zip (gzip) compression utility system SUNWzip The Info-Zip (zip)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing packages in Solaris 11

I want to install EMCpower (EMC Powerpath package) in Solaris 11. At most of the places, I can see procedure to install packages which comes with repository. This is third party tool, I have downloaded it to /var/tmp. How should I install it ? root@orapdps11 # pkg publisher PUBLISHER ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Error when removing Sendmail packages in Solaris 11.2

Hi, I would like to completely remove the Sendmail packages from Solaris 11.2. I know how to disable Sendmail but as stated, I would like the packages to be removed from the system. I tried to remove the two packages (SUNWsndmu and SUNWsndmr) by using pkgrm. It doesn't work that well because I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubiman
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to install .p51 packages in Solaris 11.4?

Does anyone know how to install a package that comes in a p5i file in Solaris 11.4? The first thing the Oracle documentation says is to "launch packagemanager". Well they removed packagemanager from 11.4 (and you can't install it yourself). I want a package from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)