Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed batch file issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed batch file issue Post 302945234 by jocas9 on Wednesday 27th of May 2015 12:47:33 PM
Old 05-27-2015
sed batch file issue

Hi!!

I want to create a batch file so the sh file could change a file on a specific time.

I made this config:

Code:
sed -i 's/range 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.220;/option POLYCOM "tftp://10.20.1.10";/g' /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf

My issue is that the sed does not accept the :// character.
When I run the sh file I get this error:
"
Code:
run_once_dhcp_option160_manual_changes.sh: line 13: /option POLYCOM "tftp://10.20.1.10";/g: No such file or directory

"

If I remove the :// everything works just fine.

Can you help me!!!

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos Silva

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-27-2015 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: CODE tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch file using sed command in msdos

<! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" how should i program it in oder to display this: <! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rita1985
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

try to batch rename using sed (if this is best)

hi gooday I need some help with a rename I am attempting. I'd like to rename a bunch of files in a folder example list.dat.old to list_N.dat query.dat.old to query_N.dat note the two periods in (.dat.old) to become _N.dat I tried using sed like this ls *.dat.old | sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnstrong
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk for batch replace file name

Can you please point me in the correct direction? I need a line or script to run though a given directory and find all files with "@domain.local" in there names and simple remove that. For example if the files were named 1234@domain.local the file would then become 1234. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script batch with command sed

hi, i have a folder with 2000 text file where each file contain a string. i need to trasform this string like this: example of file : My name is Mark and I'm a child the new file must be: insert into tabella ('My name','My name is Mark and I'm a child'); where the first column is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yo-yo78
11 Replies
oidentd_masq.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					      oidentd_masq.conf(5)

NAME
oidentd_masq.conf - oidentd IP masquerading/NAT configuration file. DESCRIPTION
If you are using IP masquerading or NAT, oidentd can optionally return a username for connections from other machines. Support for this is specified by calling oidentd with the -m (or --masq) flag and by creating an /etc/oidentd_masq.conf file. oidentd can also forward requests for an IP masqueraded connection to the machine from which connection originates by way of the -f option. This will only work if the host to which the connection is forwarded is running oidentd with the -P (proxy) flag, or if the host's ident daemon will return a valid reply regardless of the input supplied by and the address of the host requesting the info (some ident daemons for windows do this, maybe others). FORMAT
<IP Address|Hostname>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> The first field contains the IP address or the hostname of a machine that IP masquerades through the machine on which oidentd runs. The mask parameter can be either a network mask or a mask in CIDR notation. A mask of 24 is equivalent to 255.255.255.0, a mask of 16 is equivalent to 255.255.0.0, etc. The second field specifies the reply that oidentd will return for lookups to the host matching the IP address specified in the first param- eter. The third field specifies the operating system the machine matching the first parameter is running. EXAMPLES
<Host>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> 192.168.1.1 someone UNIX 192.168.1.2 noone WINDOWS 192.168.1.1/32 user1 UNIX 192.168.1.0/24 user3 UNIX 192.168.0.0/16 user4 UNIX somehost user5 UNIX 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 user6 UNIX AUTHOR
Ryan McCabe <ryan@numb.org> http://dev.ojnk.net SEE ALSO
oidentd(8) oidentd.conf(5) version 2.0.8 13 Jul 2003 oidentd_masq.conf(5)