Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl removing line match with pattern in column Post 302945200 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 27th of May 2015 03:27:01 AM
Old 05-27-2015
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment This thread is a duplicate of the thread Perl removing line match with pattern in column.

This thread is closed.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and replace another pattern in same line

I have a pattern username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/bin/bash I need to match the line containing username and replace /bin/bash with /usr/local/my/bin/noshell So it becomes username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/usr/local/my/bin/noshell (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Column Values Using Pattern Match

Hi All, I have a file with data as below: A,FILE1_MYFILE_20130309_1038,80,25.60 B,FILE1_MYFILE_20130309_1038,24290,18543.38 C,FILE1_dsc_dlk_MYFILE_20130309_1038,3,10.10 A,FILE2_MYFILE_20130310_1039,85,110.10 B,FILE2_MYFILE_20130310_1039,10,12.10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line by pattern match in column

file: 1|12322|tow| 5|23422|pow| 6|23423|cow| 3|34324|how| deletelines: 12322 23423 My command to delete line while read NUM do awk -F"\|" '$2 !~ /`"$NUM"`/' file >file.back mv file.back file done<deletelines (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If pattern match in other column, modify column 3.

My command sed will modify everything in column 3 if i will use the command below. I want to search for a pattern then modify everything in column 3. sed -i 's/\|165\|/server1/g' file.txt Input: 01-31-2019 19:14:05|device|165|1548962040165|5c5348f9-0804-1111|file_attach|7271|587|smtp|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
EXIGREP(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   EXIGREP(8)

NAME
EXIGREP - Search Exim's main log SYNOPSIS
exigrep [-l] pattern [log file] ... DESCRIPTION
The exigrep utility is a Perl script that searches one or more main log files for entries that match a given pattern. When it finds a match, it extracts all the log entries for the relevant message, not just those that match the pattern. Thus, exigrep can extract complete log entries for a given message, or all mail for a given user, or for a given host, for example. The -l flag means 'literal', that is, treat all characters in the pattern as standing for themselves. Otherwise the pattern must be a Perl regular expression. The pattern match is case-insensitive. If no file names are given on the command line, the standard input is read. If the location of a zcat command is known from the definition of ZCAT_COMMAND in Local/Makefile, exigrep automatically passes any file whose name ends in COMPRESS_SUFFIX through zcat as it searches it. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), perlre(1), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIGREP(8)