Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Introduction
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Introduction Post 302945178 by d0wngrade on Wednesday 27th of May 2015 01:25:03 AM
Old 05-27-2015
Introduction

Hello,

I couldn't find an actual introduction thread, so I decided to just put this here.

I go by d0wngrade online. I have been programming in multiple languages for about 15+ years. I started with standard web design languages like HTML and CSS, but I then advanced from design to development and added PHP, SQL and JavaScript to my belt. After that I started on more advanced languages like C(++), Java and some Assembly. I'm also very fluent in scripting languages like Python and Bash.

I've been using Linux for about 5 years now. My first distribution was an older Debian and I hated it. I didn't use Linux for about 6 months after that, then I tried Ubuntu and I enjoyed it a lot more. About 2 years later I successfully configured my first Arch Linux box. That was when I fell in love. I've started building Android ROMs from source and even adding features. I've also been doing the same thing with Android kernels.

I am currently making a "bridge" for a controller to turn USB into Bluetooth with the Raspberry Pi A+.
Just figured I'd pop in and introduce myself!

Smilie
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to d0wngrade For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

introduction forum

sorry, I feel like such a dummy, but upon logging in you ask me to do a post introducing myself. I cannot find an "introduction forum" :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Introduction

Hi, I am new here. Recently I have started working on Unix Shell Scripting. So may I know from where to start... Regards, Darshak Raut (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introduction

Hi everyone. I am not really a new member i was once a member using the handle despiragado. I now wish to be identified with my new handle. It's been a while i have last visited the forum to see whats happening. I guess a lot has happened. I will try to read up and keep up to date. I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
PREPROCESS(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PREPROCESS(1)

NAME
preprocess - Preprocess a file. SYNOPSIS
preprocess [options...] infile DESCRIPTION
Preprocess is like a typical C preprocessor, but it extends to multiple languages. Languages for which it works include: C++, Python, Perl, Tcl, XML, JavaScript, CSS, IDL, TeX, Fortran, PHP, Java, Shell scripts (Bash, CSH, etc.) and C#. Preprocess is usable both as a command line app and as a Python module. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print help text and exit. -V, --version Print the version info and exit. -v, --verbose Give verbose output for errors. -o outfile Write output to the given file instead of to stdout. -f, --force Overwrite given output file. Otherwise an IOError will be raised if outfile already exists. -D define Define a variable for preprocessing. define can simply be a variable name (in which case it will be true) or it can be of the form var=val. An attempt will be made to convert val to an integer so "-D FOO=0" will create a false value. -I dir Add a directory to the include path for #include directives. -k, --keep-lines Emit empty lines for preprocessor statement lines and skipped output lines. This allows line numbers to stay constant. -s, --substitute Substitute defines into emitted lines. By default substitution is NOT done because it currently will substitute into program strings. MODULE USAGE
from preprocess import preprocess preprocess(infile, outfile=sys.stdout, defines={}, force=0, keepLines=0, includePath=[], substitute=0) The <infile> can be marked up with special preprocessor statement lines of the form: <comment-prefix> <preprocessor-statement> <comment-suffix> where the <comment-prefix/suffix> are the native comment delimiters for that file type. EXAMPLES
HTML (*.htm, *.html) or XML (*.xml, *.kpf, *.xul) files: <!-- #if FOO --> ... <!-- #endif --> Python (*.py), Perl (*.pl), Tcl (*.tcl), Ruby (*.rb), Bash (*.sh), or make ([Mm]akefile*) files: # #if defined('FAV_COLOR') and FAV_COLOR == "blue" ... # #elif FAV_COLOR == "red" ... # #else ... # #endif C (*.c, *.h), C++ (*.cpp, *.cxx, *.cc, *.h, *.hpp, *.hxx, *.hh), Java (*.java), PHP (*.php) or C# (*.cs) files: // #define FAV_COLOR 'blue' ... /* #ifndef FAV_COLOR */ ... // #endif Fortran 77 (*.f) or 90/95 (*.f90) files: C #if COEFF == 'var' ... C #endif PREPROCESSOR SYNTAX
Valid statements: #define <var> [<value>] #undef <var> #ifdef <var> #ifndef <var> #if <expr> #elif <expr> #else #endif #error <error string> #include "<file>" where <expr> is any valid Python expression. The expression after #if/elif may be a Python statement. It is an error to refer to a variable that has not been defined by a -D option or by an in-content #define. Special built-in methods for expressions: defined(varName) Return true if given variable is defined. TIPS
A suggested file naming convention is to let input files to preprocess be of the form <basename>.p.<ext> and direct the output of prepro- cess to <basename>.<ext>, e.g.: preprocess -o foo.py foo.p.py The advantage is that other tools (esp. editors) will still recognize the unpreprocessed file as the original language. AUTHORS
Trent Mick <trentm@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Johannes Ring <johannr@simula.no> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). PREPROCESS(1)