Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Env file path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Env file path Post 302944995 by stew on Monday 25th of May 2015 06:11:48 AM
Old 05-25-2015
No, I don't find any source file insde the script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

env file

hi all, My newbie question is: where is the "env" file? I can define some settings via .profile (with Korn Shell). However, where is the env file that specifies the default PATH, LANG, DISPLAY, TZ... etc? I am using SPARC/ Solaris 8. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on PATH env havinf softlink

I have a question regarding the PATH environment on SunOS. I am setting the PATH as - export PATH=$PATH:/bin and /bin has a softlink as lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct 1 2004 /bin -> ./usr/bin So, will this path will work for the bin having the softlink? Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgr3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to edit env file

A coworker of mine wants to add some environment variables to env file. Please advise how to do it. He couldn't use: more or vi on the file. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Representing dir path for copy through env variable

Hello , i am on linux, and im trying to figure out why my cp command cant copy one file. I am trying to use variable in which i stored path to location where is file i wish to copy. $ echo $ORA_ALERT_LOG /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/ring11/ring11/trace $ $ $ pwd /home/oracle $ cp -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip & Env Path Name

I need to download team foundation server on Unix (4 simple instructions below), but I am stuck.. I am newbie Unix user, so please be patient. -cd /home/Myname/Downloads, Unzip -Unzipped to /home/Myname/DestFolder -cd DestFolder, type tf -help, works there - outside this folder, doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: software2007
1 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
FDUTILSCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  FDUTILSCONFIG(8)

NAME
fdutilsconfig - configure the suid bit of fdmount SYNOPSIS
fdutilsconfig DESCRIPTION
The fdutilsconfig script provides an interactive way to configure the suid bit of the fdmount(1) binary. It asks you some questions, give you a hint if needed, and enters your choice to /etc/fdmount.conf file. When upgrading the Debian fdutils package, the suid bit information stored in /etc/fdmount.conf is used to tell the new fdmount binary to keep your old suid bit settings. The script makes use of the suidmanager Debian package, if it is installed. If the script cannot find it, it manipulates the suid bit directly via `chmod u+s' command. FILES
fdutilsconfig reads and writes the configuration from /etc/fdmount.conf. This file is usually created when the fdutils package is installed for the first time. Please don't edit /etc/fdmount.conf manually! Use fdutilsconfig instead. NOTE
This script was written exclusively for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. It is not a part of the upstream fdutils sources. AUTHORS
fdutilsconfig was adapted by Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> from the gnuplotconfig script written by Tibor Simko <simko@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
fdmount(1), suidregister(8), suidunregister(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 24 January 1999 FDUTILSCONFIG(8)