Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vim line length...
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Vim line length... Post 302944911 by Don Cragun on Saturday 23rd of May 2015 01:37:44 PM
Old 05-23-2015
You can create huge files with no newline characters with:
Code:
printf '%s' "$waveform" "$waveform2" ... > file

and add as many more waveforms to the end of that file as you want with:
Code:
printf '%s' "$waveform3" "$waveform4" ... >> file

I repeat: What editing commands do you want to apply to the long, incomplete line of data in your raw audio file(s)?

You may well be able to use portable printf, cut, and paste commands without needing to worry about text editors' desires to work with lines terminated by a newline with lengths no longer than LINE_MAX bytes.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim as command line editor

Here is my problem, I manage a SunOs 5.8 Server, vi is the default command line editor, I have a line on each users .kshrc profile as follows: export EDITOR=/bin/vi I want to use vim as the command line editor, the below line doesn't work export EDITOR=/bin/vim Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remember last visited line in vim

hi, I know we can do this; but dont know how.. I open a file using vim..browse thru it and then say :wq after reaching some line; The next time I open the same file, I want vim to position the cursor on the line where I left last time; anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spopuri
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

line completion in vim

how we achive line completion and word completion in vim editor? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to go previous line in vim

hi, suppose my cursor is on 15 th line in vim i want to go 105 th line and directly come to 15 line from there is any shot key in vim to come directly to previous line ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Characters at specific position in a line if the line is certain length

I've got a file that would have lines similar to: 12345678 x.00 xx.00 x.00 xxx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 23456781 x.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 x.00 xxx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 34567812 x.00 xx.00 x.00 xxx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 45678123 x.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 x.00 xxx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00 xx.00... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM: replace a character in the middle of line

exmaple, i need to replace the number "5" from all lines below with "X"? What is the useful vim command that i can apply for.. ddpadsgg506xghssuyj ddpadsgag546xghssuys ddsadsgaag596xghssuy_te ddsadsgag506xghssuy_pe ddsadsgagc526xghssuys ddsads506ighssuys ddsadsgag506pghssuyk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 793589
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim editor -> uncounted new line

Hi, I entered the following text in a new file through vim: "Four score and seven years ago" saved and exit. When I looked at the file size, it was 31B, although is supposed to be 30. I reedited the file (again with vim) to check for errors, but everything seemed fine. When I opened the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for length which exceeds specified length in a line

Hi, I have a issue, I need to loop through a comma delimited file and check for the length which exceeds specified length , if Yes truncate the string. But my problem is , I do not have to check for all the fields and the field lenght is not same for all the fields. For ex: Say my line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)