Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting with arguments for ping command Post 302944907 by RudiC on Saturday 23rd of May 2015 10:22:06 AM
Old 05-23-2015
Not sure I understand what your problem is (on top of that Don Cragun already proposed a decent solution to your request in your other thread)
In above snippet, you don't parse for the -t option, so I don't see what you'd expect that could go wrong. Were -t present, just add your 200 to min and max...
What behaviour would you expect for your --up option?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About ping command

Hi! I have small problem. I want to ping a server and the result shouldn't be printed in the browser window, just become a value. Here you can see the script that I have: <? $command="ping linux.com -t ttl -c1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $4 \" \" $5}'"; $output = system($command);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Papa Deoo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

About ping command

Hi! I have small problem. I want to ping a server and the result shouldn't be printed in the browser window, just become a value. Here you can see the script that I have: $command="ping linux.com -t ttl -c1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $4 \" \" $5}'"; $output = system($command); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Papa Deoo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping command

Hello Everybody: Im the root of the system, I need to grant some limited priviliges user an acess to the ping command so he can ping some IPs with his script. should I add the command to his path?? or what?? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

4. AIX

Problem with 'ping' command

Hi All, I'm testing ping command on two servers. A,B,C,D are servers From A-->B: ping -c 3 -p ff -s30720 <B IP-Addres> This works fine. From C-->D: ping -c 3 -p ff -s30720 <D IP-Addres> This is NOT working and 100% packe loss :( But if I use 8700 instead of 30720 for packet size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ping command

Hi, I have a list of 500 IP address and need to ping all the IP address. I had written a script to do this and its working if the IP is valid one. If any invalid IP present, the process got hang up. Also I have tried with -c , -I and -w options, its not working. Any one help me on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rksiva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Ping command.

Hi, I have a shell script, that has to run in putty for days together. So , I need to keep the network server connection alive and running. The execution of shell script shouldn't be interrupted as it produces undesirable results. Can anyone provide me with a script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Scripting with Arguments

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Problem 1: I need to create a shell script the takes three arguments and echo's out "There once was a ____that____who like to_____" The arguments go where the blanks are. Problemt 2: -Do an LS and store the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dw15
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with passing arguments

Hi All, I am using the script for creating local queue and passing the arguments while running the script as below n=0 while do e=`expr $n + 3` echo 'DEFINE QL('$e') MAXDEPTH('$6') MAXMSGL('$7') DEFPSIST('$8') '$9'' | /apps/mqm_opt/bin/runmqsc $2 n=`expr $n + 1` done Running the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner at bash scripting - need help with passing arguments

I at the moment, making a simple bash script, capable of setting up an workspace for me, so i don't have to do it manually.. Problem is though i can't seem to provide the bash script any argument, without running into my error checks, checking for input... Here is the code: #!/bin/bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping scripting

This is my first posting here, I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for anywhere else so I'm hoping you all can help. I have a portion of script here that needs to ping two servers, then return whether they are up or down (somehow), and then echo that information. Here is what I have so far. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffm0342
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					    OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_pingd - pingd resource agent SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_user=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_set=string] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_section=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_interval=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] pingd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This agent (ocf:pacemaker:pingd) has been replaced by the more reliable ocf:pacemaker:ping. It records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes (specified in the 'host_list' parameter) a cluster node can connect to. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/pingd-] PID file OCF_RESKEY_user = string [root] The user we want to run pingd as The user we want to run pingd as OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_set = string [] Set name The name of the instance_attributes set to place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_section = string [] Section name The section place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_interval = integer [1] ping interval in seconds How often, in seconds, to check for node liveliness OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to pingd. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 06/10/2014 OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)