Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting lines on matching certain pattern Post 302944903 by RudiC on Saturday 23rd of May 2015 09:59:37 AM
Old 05-23-2015
So, no attempts from your part?

---------- Post updated at 15:59 ---------- Previous update was at 15:59 ----------

Anyhow, try
Code:
awk '
/<\/invoices>/  {SLINV = $0
                 getline SB
                 getline INV
                 getline
                 if     (/<invoiceSerialNo>/ &&
                         SB ~ /<\/shippingBill>/)       {print SLINV
                                                         print SB   
                                                        }
                 print INV}
' file

and comment on the result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: deleting 5 lines after a specified pattern

As an example (just an example, this could apply to any block of text) say I have this: architecture x86_64 cputype CPU_TYPE_X86_64 cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_X86_64_ALL offset 4096 size 2972420 align 2^12 (4096) architecture ppc64 cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC64 cpusubtype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching over multiple lines and deleting the first

I've got a longish log file with content such as Uplink traffic: Downlink traffic: I want to parse the log file and remove any line that contains the string "Uplink traffic:" at the beginning of the line, but only if the line following it beginnings with the string "Downlink traffic:" (in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching lines using the date, and then joining the lines

Hi Guys, Was trying to attempt the below using awk and sed, have no luck so far, so any help would be appreciated. Current Text File: The first line has got an "\n", and the second line has got spaces/tabs then the word and "\n" TIME SERVER/CLIENT TEXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from a stream after matching a pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to to an ldapsearch and remove the shadow attributes in the output file. What I do is ldapsearch() | operation to remove shadow > FILE The ldapsearch gives output like this(with same line formation): objectClass: FSConfig objectClass: extensibleObject fsCAIP:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorzinian
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a matching string(line) which is also in other lines

Hi, i need help with my shell script I have a file input.txt containing the following contents /. /usr /usr/share /usr/share/doc /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright /usr/share/doc/wine/changelog.Debian.gz I need output as /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit0991
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a deleting lines based on a pattern

I have a header-detail file that goes like this: SHP00288820131021110921 ORDER0156605920131021110921INMMMMFN DETAIL0004 4C2Z 10769 AAFC 0000009600000094 4C2Z 10769 AAFC 0000672107 OIL DETAIL0002 ER3Z 14300 E 0000001300000012 ER3Z 14300 E 0000672107 OIL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbaggio666
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies
GETLINE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						GETLINE(3)

NAME
getdelim, getline -- get a line from a stream LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#define _WITH_GETLINE #include <stdio.h> ssize_t getdelim(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, int delimiter, FILE * restrict stream); ssize_t getline(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, FILE * restrict stream); DESCRIPTION
The getdelim() function reads a line from stream, delimited by the character delimiter. The getline() function is equivalent to getdelim() with the newline character as the delimiter. The delimiter character is included as part of the line, unless the end of the file is reached. The caller may provide a pointer to a malloced buffer for the line in *linep, and the capacity of that buffer in *linecapp. These functions expand the buffer as needed, as if via realloc(). If linep points to a NULL pointer, a new buffer will be allocated. In either case, *linep and *linecapp will be updated accordingly. RETURN VALUES
The getdelim() and getline() functions return the number of characters stored in the buffer, excluding the terminating NUL character. The value -1 is returned if an error occurs, or if end-of-file is reached. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment reads lines from a file and writes them to standard output. The fwrite() function is used in case the line con- tains embedded NUL characters. char *line = NULL; size_t linecap = 0; ssize_t linelen; while ((linelen = getline(&line, &linecap, fp)) > 0) fwrite(line, linelen, 1, stdout); free(line); COMPATIBILITY
Many application writers used the name getline before the getline() function was introduced in IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''), so a prototype is not provided by default in order to avoid compatibility problems. Applications that wish to use the getline() function described herein should either request a strict IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1'') environment by defining the macro _POSIX_C_SOURCE to the value 200809 or greater, or by defining the macro _WITH_GETLINE, prior to the inclusion of <stdio.h>. For compatibility with GNU libc, defining either _BSD_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE prior to the inclusion of <stdio.h> will also make getline() available. ERRORS
These functions may fail if: [EINVAL] Either linep or linecapp is NULL. [EOVERFLOW] No delimiter was found in the first SSIZE_MAX characters. These functions may also fail due to any of the errors specified for fgets() and malloc(). SEE ALSO
fgetln(3), fgets(3), malloc(3) STANDARDS
The getdelim() and getline() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
These routines first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BUGS
There are no wide character versions of getdelim() or getline(). BSD
November 30, 2012 BSD