Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help! Printing out CSV output from awk Pattern Match Post 302944839 by An0mander on Friday 22nd of May 2015 03:08:59 PM
Old 05-22-2015
Help! Printing out CSV output from awk Pattern Match

Hi,

I need to search for a word using Awk and print out the line the word is in and every line after the search phrase until I hit this #------------. Then I need to send it to a csv file.

So basically the input file format is like this:
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Rotor_Type] = INT_LSDEF_342        

rotor_option = 544

# RMS Related configurations
accum_tm = 3360
enable = 0
tunnel_hp = 150
modulation = 0
cum_hp = 600
cum_reset = 1350
persist = 0
lint_select = 0
moor_ghp = 5625.452
margin = 145.052
max_eng = 2327.323
eng = 15.331

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Rotor_Type] = INT_LSDEF_342        

rotor_option = 544

I tried using pattern matching but I can't edit the output.
I also searched for [Rotor_Type] and tried printing everything after, but it didn't work.
This is what I have so far:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/gawk -f

# Opening block, done before the passed in file is parsed.
BEGIN 	{
			count = 0;
			FS = " ";
			print "Variable, Value" > "outputfile.txt"
		}

# Body block, passed in file is parsed and the lines below are executed for each line.

{
						if($1 == "[Rotor_Type]")
						{
							print $1, ", ", ", ",$3 > "outputfile.txt";
							count++;
							next

while($1 =! "[Rotor_Type]")
							{
								next
								print NR
								print $1, ", ", ", ",$3 > "outputfile.txt";	
							}	

}

}
# Ending block, done after the passed in file is parsed.
END   	{
			print count, " values found.";
		}

Can you please help me? I'm very new to AWK
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for sample input and output as well as for code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags; fix spelling errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing nth and n+1th line after a pattern match

Hi , I want to print the nth and n+1 lines from a file once it gets a pattern match. For eg: aaa bbb ccc ddd gh jjjj If I find a match for bbb then I need to print bbb as well as 3rd and 4th line from the match.. Please help..Is it possible to get a command using sed :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next 6 lines from of pattern match

Hi, i have a big file having many opcodes. if (opcode="01110000000100000000" ) then --fadd result.opcode := "01110000000100000000"; result.s0 := '1'; result.s1 := '1'; result.s2 := '0'; result.inst := '0'; result.scalar := '1';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match not printing desired columns

Hi all, I'm trying to match the following two files with the code below: awk -F, 'NR==FNR {a=$0; next} ($12,$4) in a {print $12,$1,a}' OFS="," file4.csv file3.csv but the code does not print the entire row from file4 in addition to column 12 and 1 of file3. file4: o,c,q,co,ov,b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkane3
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get output of multiple pattern match from first field to a file

Hi All, Greetings! I have a file of 40000+ lines with different entries, I need matching entries filterd out to their files based on first filed pattern for the matching : For example: All server1 entries (in field1) to come together with its path in 2nd field. The best output I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies