Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Special IF construct syntax in UNIX Post 302944800 by TomG on Friday 22nd of May 2015 04:40:13 AM
Old 05-22-2015
this is very tricky..I like it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extracting info from Unix database to construct a visual diagram

Ok heres the situation, We use Solaris 8 at work with Sybase for the db. I need to be able to easily create visual diagrams of some of our more complex systems. I've been using Visio which is such a manual process and takes a while. I was thinking maybe using Visio somehow in conjunction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusion99
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file does not display special characters

We have a unix file that contains special characters (ie. Ñ, °, É, ¿ , £ , ø ). When I try to read this file I get a codepage error and the characters are replaced by the # symbol. How do I keep the special characters from being read? Thanks. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Syntax to Extract Everything After Special Character

Hi, I am writing a Perl script that reads in many lines, if a line meets the criteria I want to edit, it. For example, the script will return the following example line... test=abc123 All I want to do is strip off the "test=" and just be left with the abc123. In my script I can easily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrichard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Perl split special character $

All I'm trying to split a string at the $ into arrays @data:=<dataFile> a $3.33 b $4.44 dfg $0.56 The split command I have been playing with is: split(/\$/, @data) which results with a .33 b .44 dfg .56 any help with this is appreciated /r Rick (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: schultz2146
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in the if construct

Hi can anyone tell me why is this code giving error mode=$1 if ] || ] then echo "MODES:" exit 1 fi Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching on any special character in Unix

Hi, I have field in a file which would come with any special character, how do i check that field? Eg: @123TYtaasa>>>/ 131dfetr_~2 In the above example, how do I add pattern for any special character on the keyboard. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if-else construct

Hi all i have been trying to do a small 'question and answer' script using if-else statement and a combination of pipe. I have succeeded in allowing the user to login with user name and password stored in a sequence username/password in a file named "pass" like this: echo "please enter your... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arikutex
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Special files

Hi, I'm looking for information about UNIX Special Files. I must write an essay connected with this topic, and I hope you'll tell me where can I found trusty information about it, because Google doesn't really help me. I'll be grateful for answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrid 7
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters!

I have a file that has the name in one of the lines as MARíA MENDOZA in Windows. When this gets FTPed over to UNIX it appears as MAR�A MENDOZA. Is there anyway to overcome this? Its causing a issue because the file is Postional and fields are getting pushed by 2 digits.. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Special Characters

Any time I do : ls *.txt > mytext.txt I get something like this in the output file: ^ Tue Jan 22 16:19:19 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux t1Fam_BrOv :~>alias | grep ls alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias lR='ls -R' alias la='ls -Al' alias lc='ls -ltcr' alias ldd='ls -ltr |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies
Test::Requires(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Test::Requires(3pm)

NAME
Test::Requires - Checks to see if the module can be loaded SYNOPSIS
# in your Makefile.PL use inc::Module::Install; test_requires 'Test::Requires'; # in your test use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires { 'HTTP::MobileAttribute' => 0.01, # skip all if HTTP::MobileAttribute doesn't installed }; isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; # or use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires qw( HTTP::MobileAttribute ); isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; # or use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires; test_requires 'Some::Optional::Test::Required::Modules'; isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; DESCRIPTION
Test::Requires checks to see if the module can be loaded. If this fails rather than failing tests this skips all tests. AUTHOR
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom @*(#RJKLFHFSDLJF gmail.com> THANKS TO
kazuho++ # some tricky stuff miyagawa++ # original code from t/TestPlagger.pm tomyhero++ # reported issue related older test::builder SEE ALSO
"TestPlagger.pm" in t LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-27 Test::Requires(3pm)