Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Question on r-queue from vmstat out Post 302944792 by Scrutinizer on Friday 22nd of May 2015 02:47:39 AM
Old 05-22-2015
It just means that in that partical time time interval there were no running kernel threads and no runnable threads in the queue.. Maybe your production server has more CPU power ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat question

Hello all, I have the folowing question: I have an E450 with Solaris 2.6 running in a cluster environment. The primary node runs Oracle 8.1.5. My problem is: every time the Oracle Database is shutdown, the "w"colum in vmstat command jumps to "30". In man page for vmstat command, the "w" colum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. Programming

a message queue question..

Hi there: Thanks first. When I use a message queue amony severl processes, will I have to synchronize the queue? I don't think I would have to because a message queue is implemented in a link listed. Correct me If I am wrong... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanhu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

When I exeute vmstat (e.g. vmstat 30 2), in some machines I get some wierd result as the first line. like: -117% or 208% for CPU idle percentage. But the second line is alright. Could someone explain this please. Thanks ! Chaadana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi I wanted to collect data by using vmstat -I 60 >xxxx.txt & using my own account It was stopped by it self after 2 hours try again same result We want to collect day date by succession how to collect data using vmstat for day Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

vmstat question

if I have a two CPU when I run vmstat command to check cpu usage it only one row procs memory page faults cpu r b w avm free re at pi po fr de sr in sy cs us sy id 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Simple question about vmstat

Hi friends, I have confusion about VMSTAT command. 1. When I execute "vmstat" command without any interval then I got something like following output. vmstat procs memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr m1 m1 m1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_switch
13 Replies

8. HP-UX

glance global priority queue question

Hello; I am collecting global priority queue data from the following script: /opt/perf/bin/glance -j2 -iterations 10 -adviser_only -syntax /home/dsljseo/glance.syntax cat glance.syntax print "global priority queue", gbl_pri_queue The typical output: global priority... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux question on top and vmstat outputs

RHEL 5.4 Our Linux machine seemed to be running slow. So, I ran the top and vmstat commands. Question1. I can see the process 11517 consuming 100% CPU . But that just means that this process totally utilizes one of the cores in a mult-core CPU. Right ? This machine apparently has two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

10. Linux

Vmstat

I m checking idle time using vmstat, below are the results var=$(ssh wmtmgr@$hostname vmstat | tail -1 | awk '{print $15}') 89 and now im subtracting 89 with 100 & im getting expected results expr 100 - $var 11 Now How can I get the result 11 in one line code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
qstart(8B)								PBS								qstart(8B)

NAME
qstart - start pbs batch job processing at a destination SYNOPSIS
qstart destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qstart command directs that a destination should process batch jobs. If the destination is an execution queue, the server will begin to schedule jobs that reside in the queue for execution. If the destination is a routing queue, the server will begin to route jobs from that queue. In order to execute qstart, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qstart command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to start that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to start all queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to start the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qstart command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qstart command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qstart command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qstop(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qstart(8B)