Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with looping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with looping Post 302944739 by Junaid Subhani on Thursday 21st of May 2015 02:20:36 PM
Old 05-21-2015
I do not have nc on the node installed. Don't have authorization to install it too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with looping

Hi, Actually I have a file which consists data . for eg names. Then I want my sql query to read this file and produce the output. Currently I am using this FOR EG : FILENAME is NAMES for i in `cat NAMES` { sqlplus -s $CONNECTID << EOF spool rooh set heading off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping

Hi I have around 100 users in sun server and have default home directory in /usr/home/<username> I want to clean their home directory time to time to make free space on root, as users generate many output files during usage of application. My idea is, generate a file with following command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishir
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on looping using if/for or while

Hello, where can I get usefull information on the use of looping with for , if and while with extensive examples. Also use of variables in scripts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam4now
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi, Now I have written a script which sorts the records in the file and splits them according to some condition. Now, I need to modify the script so that it reads all the files one after the other and does the sorting & splitting. Pls help me in reading all the files in a directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] looping script issue

Hi all.. Need your help I want to combine 2 file into 1file File1 : A B C D File2 : 1 2 3 4 Result : A1 A2 A3 A4 B1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd looping issue with NET::FTP and Proftpd

Hello, I'm a UNIX SysAdmin at a large webhosting company and we have a vendor that provides a service which involves the ftp'ing of files from their servers to ours. They initiate FTP using a perl script with NET::FTP. When they try to transfer files (and delete files over ftp), there is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmmgeekette
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in background issue

Background info : Linux machines, /bin/bash shell . I have several remote machines. I want to create a variable for each of these remote machines, by retrieving some data remotely for each of them. As this may take some time for each remote machine, I want to launch these commands woth a for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hey guys, so I am trying to do a loop script that will go through each folder (no gui so just each domain has a folder) and grab out the databases being used on that domain. I know I would use mysql -e "show databases where not 'information_schema';" once in each directory to pull the actual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dough
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting looping issue

#!bin/ksh --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Get sequence number from database --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .os rm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi reddy1
3 Replies