Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can i see wich Computers are up in my network with a script Post 302944662 by gull04 on Thursday 21st of May 2015 04:07:03 AM
Old 05-21-2015
Hi Folks,

Sorry about this, I didn't realise that this had already been done to death.

Regards

Gull

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Wich one is beter Linux or Windows

I have no idea wich one. Ive always been a huge windows fan and well latly i've heard of Unix and Linux. Also, my friend wants to get Linux on his notebook and windows on his pc, the notebook being the master.(I think my friend is rather stupid wanting the notebook to be the master, but i've been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radionstorm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is Unix a Network operating system for Macintosh computers

I am in the process of reading up on and learning about linux,and as i read, i am seeing that it was built off of the unix system platform,and i also believe that it is used in the mac computer field,i would like to know if this is true, and if i should learn about the macintosh computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill1263
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get IP addresses of LAN computers

I need a shell script for OS X, one that can find IP addresses of machines connected to my LAN, get the names of the computer associated with those addresses, then display them like so in a list: "Bob's L33T Boxx: #.#.#.#" Something like the network scanner in Apple Remote Desktop is what I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So if I was to use a unix based o/s as my first wich should it be?

I have never used any unix based operating systems and I am interested in trying. Wich would you prefer for me to use? Also I am looking to learn unix code not to use for anything else. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaviko
3 Replies

5. Programming

read a file wich fscanf() in a function

I use fopen, fscanf, fclose to read a file. It can work well. since many files should be read, a function is created with the same code. But in the function, fscanf can not work well. for example, the first line of the the file is: > filename but the fscanf will give: 207/23/eee/34 it appears... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

CSA wich exam?

Hello, I'm looking books and information for CSA certificate but in HP website, appears the right exam is HP0-091 but I found a book in amazon about HP0-A01 (includes 11.31?)exam, I think this is the last exam but it's extrange the HP website are obsolete. Anyone known wich is the right exam... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuBiCK
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to Shutdown Computers on Cluster

Hello all. I have built a cluster of 9 Macs for computational chemistry and I need a shell script that I can use from one computer to all the rest to shutdown. I have modified all of the Macs so that there is pass-wordless ssh. As well, I have modified each "visudo" file on each machine by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcozd
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Script for shutting down 48 computers

Hi All, I am pretty new to unix type languages. At work we have a server room with about 50 windows computers in one system and 50 in a unix system. We sometimes have power outages and I don't like the power slam. I wrote a windows batch file using sysinternals help to shutdown the windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeff Rollins
4 Replies
tgt-setup-lun(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  tgt-setup-lun(8)

NAME
tgt-setup-lun - creates a target, adds a device to the target and defines initiators that can connect to the target SYNOPSIS
tgt-setup-lun -d device -n target_name [initiator_IP1 initiator_IP2 ...] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Starts tgtd if necessary and creates a target according to the supplied target_name. The format of the target name is as follows: iqn.2001-04.com.<hostname>-<target_name> The target name must be unique. The script then adds the requested device to the target. If specific IP addresses are defined, it adds them to the list of allowed initia- tors for that target. If no IP addresses is defined, it defines that the target accepts any initiator. EXAMPLES
Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 192.168.10.82 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections from any initiator: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target Display help: tgt-setup-lun -h AUTHOR
Written by Erez Zilber REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2008. tgt-setup-lun(8)