Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: Print Error While Redirecting output in multiple Files Post 302944655 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 21st of May 2015 01:27:43 AM
Old 05-21-2015
Hello siramitsharma,

Could you please change following:
Change {print counter1","array1[counter1] |"sort" }>"ValFirst_AO.txt" to {print counter1","array1[counter1] |"sort" >"ValFirst_AO.txt"}, } should be at completion of file redirection not before it.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to multiple log files?

If I wanted to redirect output to multiple log files, what would be the best way to do that? echo "Unix is awesome" >>unixgod.log >>unixgod.log (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting UNIX Print Output

I am a new user to UNIX. We are currently running an application called DISC (www.disclink.com) on UNIX, and I am trying to figure out how to redirect print output to a PC printer. There is one little problem: DISC apparently has its own OS that is sitting on top of the UNIX OS, so you cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueSpider
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print fields to multiple files?

I am trying to print the output of a command to two separate files. Is it possible to use awk to print $1 to one file and $2 to another file? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to different output files with awk.

Well, it didn't take me long to get stumped again. I assure you that I'm not mentally deficient, just new to scripting. So, here's the gist. I want to redirect output from awk based off of which branch of an if-else statement under which it falls. #!/bin/bash #some variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikesimone
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Redirecting print to optional output bins

Guys We have a HP P4015 laserjet printer with a 5 bin mailbox attached & configured. We can print to the specific output bins from Oracle e-Business suite, however our print output format is incompatible so it prints out random characters instead of the letter content. I have looked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1977
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script issue redirecting to multiple files after matching pattern

Hi All I am having one awk and sed requirement for the below problem. I tried multiple options in my sed or awk and right output is not coming out. Problem Description ############################################################### I am having a big file say file having repeated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Redirecting grep output to multiple files

Hi All, I am trying to redirect the grep output to multiple files, can you please help with that. Below is the command im using to match my pattern grep \<proxyType\>$PxyType $DIR/EndureFiles.json > File_Name*.json Note : $DIR and $PxyType is already defined in my script Im able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
0 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF(3)								 1							     ARRAY_DIFF(3)

array_diff - Computes the difference of arrays

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
Compares $array1 against one or more other arrays and returns the values in $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the entries from $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff(3) example <?php $array1 = array("a" => "green", "red", "blue", "red"); $array2 = array("b" => "green", "yellow", "red"); $result = array_diff($array1, $array2); print_r($result); ?> Multiple occurrences in $array1 are all treated the same way. This will output : Array ( [1] => blue ) NOTES
Note Two elements are considered equal if and only if (string) $elem1 === (string) $elem2. In words: when the string representation is the same. Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_diff($array1[0], $array2[0]);. SEE ALSO
array_diff_assoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF(3)