Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a captcha with amazon node .htaccess" Post 302944619 by blackrageous on Wednesday 20th of May 2015 03:38:13 PM
Old 05-20-2015
A captcha is different than the use of authentication through a .htaccess file. A captcha is something you embed on a form/web page in an effort to insure the form/webpage is being utilized by a real person and not a script/automated mechanism.

You would have to create a .htaccess file on your server.

This topic is covered extensively on the internet...

https://my.justhost.com/cgi/help/htaccess

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating an .htaccess file

I don't know anything about Unix but I have to create a htaccess file and a htpasswd file. I have instructions that tell me to "create an htaccess file using the vi editor" How do I get into the directory that should be password protected and how do I start creating the htaccess file? If I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhitneyMay
5 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

CEP as a Service (CEPaaS) with MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

Tim Bass 11-25-2008 01:02 PM Just as I was starting to worry that complex event processing community has been captured by RDBMS pirates off the coast of Somalia, I rediscovered a new core blackboard architecture component, Hadoop. Hadoop is a framework for building applications on large... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Creating VirtualBox-Image as "harddisk" by shell-script

Hello, I'm trying to create a VirtualBox "harddisk" and put an dd-image into it. This image shoudn't work as a virtual maschine, I just want to be able to mount it to an folder. How can I do this with an shell script? Sebi ---------- Post updated at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Shortcut (to just type "l" but it runs "ls -lah")

How do I create shortcuts? For example: I just want to type one key "l" and have it output the command of "ls -lah" I believe it's creating a file called l with 755 permissions but I'm not sure where to put the file. *if it matters, I'm on a shared hosting web server using cPanel with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to include files beginning with "." (like .htaccess)

Hi, how can I get the mv command to include files beginning with . (such as .htaccess)? Right now when I mv a directory the .htaccess file is missing and I need to do this on a lot of directories, so there's a lot of wordpress permalinks that don't work anymore because the .htaccess file wasn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

6. Programming

"make" fails on the first .f90 file it encounters: not creating .o files

i may be asking way too much here but i am not a programmer and not sure where to to turn. i have a program that i am trying to "make". but the compiler i am supposed to use gets nowhere. there are a bunch of .f90 files that are being processed as follows but it doesn't get past the first one: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help creating shell script with output that has 2014 calendar and 2 text items from a"fortune"

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am required to create a bash shell script with either emacs or vi. It must include the year 2014 calendar on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandanhelpmeman
9 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)						    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job - it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the ACCESS/ACL directives in your upsd.conf(5) file and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. Since upsset runs on your web server, it could provide a passage from the outside to the inside, bypassing any firewall rules or upsd access control limitations, since it appears to be coming from the web server. This is why you must secure it first. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Jul 30 2002 UPSSET.CONF(5)