Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy Post 302944487 by Corona688 on Tuesday 19th of May 2015 03:45:00 PM
Old 05-19-2015
Well, if you can't use bash, can you use /bin/sh ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing file during running ksh in HP failed

Hi falks, I have the following program: #!/bin/ksh ed -s /home/ias/v9.0.3/j2ee/OC4J_RiGHTv_HPCD2/applications/Xbip/Xbip/WEB -INF/config/application.properties <<EOF >/dev/null 1 d . d . a application.filePath.core = /core-HPCD2/Html/ application.filePath.xbip =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running KSH script In SFU

I tried to run my ksh scripts in SFU and it always says "not found" as in the example below: $ .file /bin/ksh: .file: not found Did I miss something in the SFU Installation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems Running KSH on Solaris 10

Hi, I am currently in the process of testing upgrading from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. one problem i have encountered is when i am running any of my batch scripts. All my scripts start with #! /bin/ksh so that they will excuted in the ksh shell. but the scripts will not run correctly. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running executables in ksh

I am trying a set up a very simple korn shell script. It has 2 basic steps. Firstly I read the first line of a text file (which is a file name) Secondly I run a fortran executable using that line I must be doing something wring because it wouldn't work. I know that the executable wants the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larangunn
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running scripts without a hashbang - ksh anomaly?

I noticed some strange looking parameters on some processes on one of our servers, and after a little playing around we deduced that ksh seemed to be adding a (somewhat random) extra parameter when calling a script without a hashbang in it. It looks like it's the partial name of the parent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Dovecot Roundcube Godaddy

Long story short, I have everything working in my SOHO which would include Postfix,Dovecot(imap),Roundcube,bind and is ready to recieve email from the outside using this tutorial: https://workaround.org/ispmail/wheezy I also setup my internal DNS server using: https://wiki.debian.org/Bind9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download Images and Json file from server(godaddy) to Local machine (Ubuntu 14.04).?

Hi Guys, Just entering the Linux word, So I need help to write a script on my local machine(Ubuntu 14.04) that continuously check the particular folder(contains images) and a json file on the server and download whenever new images are added to that folder and whenever there is a change in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wget Cronjob, Godaddy.

Hello, I'm trying to automate a wget cronjob for Php 5.4 on Wordpress - using Cpannel on a linux server hosted by Godaddy. Below is the command I'm using, which isn't working. wget -q -O "/wp-cron.php?import_key=&import_id=&action=trigger" >/dev/null 2>&1 ========== EDIT Thank you so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: embus
5 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)