Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ps command output confusing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ps command output confusing Post 302944367 by TomG on Tuesday 19th of May 2015 03:20:40 AM
Old 05-19-2015
Hi,

can you please shed some light on , what is compute bound?

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

(Need Help) confusing format on solaris 10

Hi All, Very need help about format syntax on solaris 10. I have done install Solaris 10 OS on sun fire v245 but currently i have a problem to use "format" command to display partition info for my hard drive. i cannot enter the format menu, below is captured display : # format Searching... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing Error

Hi all, Just subscribed to this forum. Not a regular user of Unix.:) I did the following: We have a directory structure /a/b/c5/ Where c5 is the only directory inside b. export ANOOP=/a/b/c*/ echo $ANOOP=/a/b/c5/ I have to create a symbolic link to anoop.txt in the directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing me......!!!!!!

Hiii... There... I am making a Script in which I am taking the value of a variable "var" through key board. But I want, if no values are supplied for "var" for more than 5 seconds then script shuld automatically exit.Script is as follow : #cat abc #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Your Choice : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

pikdev requirements confusing

I am looking at installing PiKdev which needs libqt3-mt and kdelibs4-dev. The installed package is qt-r1008952-i486-1 which claims to be a gui toolkit. find / -name "*libqt*" yields nothing with mt just a lot of support, compatible, and access widgets. Normally I would consider this a no go but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing find command option

Hi, I am a little bit confusing of using find command. Actually, I am planning to delete the files whatever the files are existing in the day before yesterday. So, I am writing the command like this. find . -name "*.txt" -ctime -2 { here I am confusing, if I will use +2 or +1 also I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraju.allam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing of some basic awk

1. increase file space first, double space a file: awk '1;{print ""}' I probably can understand it:print a blank line every time.But when I read triple space a file I am confused: awk '1;{print "\n"}' doesn't it meaning print a blank line every time too? 2. number each line of file, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing sed error message

This situation is extracted from a larger context. My intention for now is to escape the forward slashes in the path of a filename. (Ultimately the LINEs will come from a file.) while read LINE ; do sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<< "$LINE" # ok escaped=`sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<< "$LINE"` #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralph
12 Replies
vga_setegacolor(3)						Svgalib User Manual						vga_setegacolor(3)

NAME
vga_setegacolor - set the current color SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setegacolor(int color); DESCRIPTION
Set the current color to be a color resembling the color-th EGA coler. This works regardless of the depth of the current video mode. The color is used by vga_drawpixel(3) and vga_drawline(3). Valid values for color are: 0 - black. 1 - blue. 2 - green. 3 - cyan. 4 - red. 5 - magenta. 6 - brown. 7 - grey. 8 - dark grey (light black). 9 - light blue. 10 - light green. 11 - light cyan. 12 - light red. 13 - light magenta. 14 - yellow (light brown). 15 - white (light grey). The fun(6) and vgatest(6) demos show the basic use of this function. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), fun(6), vgatest(6), vga_setcolor(3), vga_setrgbcolor(3), vga_drawpixel(3), vga_drawline(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setegacolor(3)