Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ps command output confusing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ps command output confusing Post 302944345 by TomG on Tuesday 19th of May 2015 01:44:15 AM
Old 05-19-2015
HP Ps command output confusing

Hi,

I ran a script named cat item
when I searched for this script using command
Code:
PS

I get two process . I don't understand this. Also this script has run for 15 minutes but the time is showing as 0:00SmilieSmilie
Code:
 ps -ef | grep cat_item
  catmgr  4508  4486  0 05:10:29 ?         0:00 -ksh -c /DI_Data_AT1/code_sp_at/informatica/cat/sh/cat_item_cache_stg.ksh
  catmgr  4486  4485  0 05:10:29 ?         0:00 -ksh -c /DI_Data_AT1/code_sp_at/informatica/cat/sh/cat_item_cache_stg.ksh

I am using HP-UX and shell is Ksh

please help

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

(Need Help) confusing format on solaris 10

Hi All, Very need help about format syntax on solaris 10. I have done install Solaris 10 OS on sun fire v245 but currently i have a problem to use "format" command to display partition info for my hard drive. i cannot enter the format menu, below is captured display : # format Searching... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing Error

Hi all, Just subscribed to this forum. Not a regular user of Unix.:) I did the following: We have a directory structure /a/b/c5/ Where c5 is the only directory inside b. export ANOOP=/a/b/c*/ echo $ANOOP=/a/b/c5/ I have to create a symbolic link to anoop.txt in the directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing me......!!!!!!

Hiii... There... I am making a Script in which I am taking the value of a variable "var" through key board. But I want, if no values are supplied for "var" for more than 5 seconds then script shuld automatically exit.Script is as follow : #cat abc #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Your Choice : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

pikdev requirements confusing

I am looking at installing PiKdev which needs libqt3-mt and kdelibs4-dev. The installed package is qt-r1008952-i486-1 which claims to be a gui toolkit. find / -name "*libqt*" yields nothing with mt just a lot of support, compatible, and access widgets. Normally I would consider this a no go but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing find command option

Hi, I am a little bit confusing of using find command. Actually, I am planning to delete the files whatever the files are existing in the day before yesterday. So, I am writing the command like this. find . -name "*.txt" -ctime -2 { here I am confusing, if I will use +2 or +1 also I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraju.allam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing of some basic awk

1. increase file space first, double space a file: awk '1;{print ""}' I probably can understand it:print a blank line every time.But when I read triple space a file I am confused: awk '1;{print "\n"}' doesn't it meaning print a blank line every time too? 2. number each line of file, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing sed error message

This situation is extracted from a larger context. My intention for now is to escape the forward slashes in the path of a filename. (Ultimately the LINEs will come from a file.) while read LINE ; do sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<< "$LINE" # ok escaped=`sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<< "$LINE"` #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralph
12 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)