Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep/print/ a test file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep/print/ a test file Post 302944334 by dotran on Tuesday 19th of May 2015 12:02:15 AM
Old 05-19-2015
Thanks vgersh99. Is this complete code? Somehow I can't make it work....please help. Thanks

Code:

#!/bin/ksh
 cat abc.txt | BEGIN {
  RS=""
  FS=":"
  OFS="|"
  split("Filename|Records|Unzipped Bytes ", t, "|")
  for(i=1; i in t;i++)
    namesA[t[i]]=i
}
{
  for(i=1; i<=NF;i=i+2)
    if ($i in namesA)
     printf("%s", (namesA[$i]==1)?$(i+1):OFS $(i+1))
  print ""
} >>  newfile.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find file grep it and print file name

i am trying to search a few hundred release note text files for a certain word. however when i use the below command i can find a file that contains it but i dont know the file name. how can i change this command to output the name of the file that grep was successful in? find builds -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk+Grep Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I'm having problems since few days ago, and i'm not able to make it works with a simple awk+grep script (or other way to do this). For example, i have a input file1.txt: cat inputfile1.txt 218299910417 1172051195 1172070231 1172073514 1183135117 1183135118 1183135119 1281440202 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file and print only contents with a hit by grep

Hi, can someone help me. I have some files and search a content in this files. If i have a hit I will print a output: filename:content But are more hits in one file: The output is always filename:content E.G. Seach about "three" file1 {one, two, three, four, three} file2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmää
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk to only print lines with two columns in a file

Hey, Need some help for command to print only lines with two columns in a file abc 111 cde 222 fgh ijk 2 klm 12 23 nop want the ouput to be abc 111 cde 222 ijk 2 Thanks a lot in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print file name when running grep from within find

Solaris 10 When running grep from within find command (don't know the technical term for 'running from within' ) , find command returns only the line which contains the pattern. Is there any way to get the file name printed as well ? $ pwd /opt/testdir/anotherDir $ $ $ cat findme.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process file from a directory and grep the required content and print

Hi All, below script reads the perticular files from the directory. Am trying to fetch status and print them in the required format. It needs to read line and search for string "Passed/Failed" and print them under correct sub header. script : BASE_DIR=/tmp/test/REPORT/CollectReport #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or print each section of a file on one line with a separator

I can obtain information from itdt inventory command however it display as below, I'd like to print each entity on one line but seperated by : the file is something like and each section ends with Volume Tag Drive Address 256 Drive State ................... Normal ASC/ASCQ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in file and print in the line

hi # cat test.txt Test Date: 20131008 1515 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Saxx = Proc_m0_s13 : 1640 Saxx = Proc_m0_s15 : 1791 Saxx = Proc_m0_s17 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep file and print value only if the following line doesnt contain value xxxx

Hi All, I have some large files which I would like to obtain some data from, I want to grep (or alturnative method) out certain values hut only if the folowing line doesnt contain a certain value. I will explain better below showing an example print of the data. NE : V0001 NE : V0002... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
6 Replies
h5jam(1)						      General Commands Manual							  h5jam(1)

NAME
h5jam - Add a user block to a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5jam -u user_block -i in_file.h5 [-o out_file.h5] [--clobber] DESCRIPTION
h5jam concatenates a user_block file and an HDF5 file to create an HDF5 file with a user block. The user block can be either binary or text. The output file is padded so that the HDF5 header begins on byte 512, 1024, etc.. (See the HDF5 File Format.) If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the user_block followed by the contents of in_file.h5. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is added to in_file.h5. If in_file.h5 already has a user block, the contents of user_block will be added to the end of the existing user block, and the file shifted to the next boundary. If --clobber is set, any existing user block will be overwritten. EXAMPLE USAGE
Create new file, newfile.h5, with the text in file mytext.txt as the user block for the HDF5 file file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 -o newfile.h5 Add text in file mytext.txt to front of HDF5 dataset, file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 Overwrite the user block (if any) in file.h5 with the contents of mytext.txt. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 --clobber RETURN VALUE
h5jam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5unjam(1). h5jam(1)