Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can a script resize it's own mintty console? Post 302944328 by Chubler_XL on Monday 18th of May 2015 10:05:33 PM
Old 05-18-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Stora
Where can I learn more about these sequences? I have not seen widow size or title bar documented anywhere and wonder how many more there are.

Mike
You can read about quite a few of them here Xterm Control Sequences
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Open Shell Script from X-Manager Console

Dear All, I have a shell script. which has the read, write & execute permissions. I am entering from X-Manager Console. OS Details are: SunOS P382XLRTY 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Step1: Double Click on Home Folder, it will be opened. Step2: Double Click on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

2. Solaris

script hangs when outputing to /dev/console

I am running solaris 8 on a sparcs box. The system is connected to a lightwave console server. I have a script that hangs when sending output to '/dev/console'. Any ideas? -V (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to install mintty?

I already have CygWin installed on my PC. However, I would like to use mintty instead of the CygWin Bash Shell. Do I need to reinstall the whole thing? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:56 AM ---------- I just had to move the mintty application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of echo $$ differs in Script than console

Hi All, I have a very basic query for 'echo $$' command. When I am executing echo $$ on console then it is giving different output than the execution of echo $$ in a script. Console Output: ------------------------- bash-3.2$ echo $$ 15610 bash-3.2$ In Script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux extacting msg from script to console

how to get the outout from script to console. i am running one script msg.sh using cron job every suday midnight. as soon as i logged in i want to see the staus is service started or service failed on console. what command i need to add to script ? msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a little help with my first shell script. Basic image resize script...

Hey everyone, just now joined because I didn't want to go onto Ubuntu forums and start asking about how to write shell scripts. Seems like this is a pretty active forum for exactly what I need. I'm trying to modify a shell script I found online, the end goal is to have it find all files in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mozzles
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux Console for Interactive Input Script

Hi there, How do I enter command to the interactive console. I was able to do it via the first line. What if I have more lines to input into the interactive console from line 3 onwards. Is there a more easier way? (echo -e "load openvas" ; echo -e "openvas_help") | msfconsole ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage

Hi all, Could anyone please share ideas or logic on how to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage for Oracle RAC/Single Node databases when any tablespace space alert is trigerred by OEM? Thanks for your help and time on it! Thanks&regards, a1_win Please DON'T use CODE tags... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script for resize, crop and optimize jpg

Hi Friends, I'm trying to create a script that allows me to recursively resize, crop (holding the center of the image) and optimize images jpg, jpeg, png for a specific folder and subfolder with the ability to exclude certain folder and its subdirectory. Again, I should to do with this script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danjde
3 Replies
bench(1)						      General Commands Manual							  bench(1)

NAME
bench - http benchmark SYNOPSIS
bench [-n requests] [-c concurrency] [-t timeout] [-k] [-K count] [-C cookie-file] [http://]host[:port]/uri DESCRIPTION
bench is a HTTP benchmark program that can fetch the same URL over and over again, or fetch several URLs (coming in from stdin). If you specify a URL on the command line, this URL will be fetch many times (specify with -n, default: 10000) with several connections open in parallen (specify with -c, default: 10). You can specify a timeout (per request) in seconds with -t. The -k switch activates keep-alive mode. In keep-alive mode, the TCP connection is not closed between requests. You also have to specify how many HTTP requests can go over one TCP connection with -K. bench can also send one HTTP cookie per connection, as specified using a cookie file. The cookie file is read line by line, and each request gets the next line inserted into it. So each line should look something like this: Cookie: foo=bar If the end of the file is reached, bench restarts it at the beginning. AUTHOR
Initially written by Felix von Leitner <felix-gatling@fefe.de>. LICENSE
GPLv2 (see http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html) bench(1)