Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Synaptic
Operating Systems Linux Debian Synaptic Post 302944205 by 1in10 on Sunday 17th of May 2015 08:14:03 AM
Old 05-17-2015
Yes, I am already doing so, using the so called apper. May one day ahead I will understand these pitfalls. :-)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ?

i notice when i was in the synaptic manage the other day that the new release KDE 4 was there can i upgrade from synaptic or do i need to download the files from a different source? currently running kubuntu 7.10 gusty and haven't seened any kind of updates come through that gave me the option to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Debian Synaptic locked up after trying to install Dropbox

Hello, I am running LinuxCNC (Debian Wheezy), I tried to install Dropbox via Synaptic Package Manager, apparently Dropbox is a dead stick on that OS. Now Synaptic is unable to start with the following message: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awg
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)