Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Control machine and check value Post 302944182 by nimafire on Saturday 16th of May 2015 02:18:45 PM
Old 05-16-2015
Code:
export REMOTKERNEL=$( /usr/bin/curl -s  http://xxxx/kernel.txt )
export REMOTYUM=$( /usr/bin/curl -s  http://xxxx/yum.txt )
if [ $REMOTKERNEL == 0 ]; then
        echo "NO update"
else
        yum update kernel*
        echo "Upgrade completed"
fi
if [ $REMOTYUM == 0 ]; then
        echo "NO update"
else
        yum update -y
        echo "Upgrade completed"
fi

how about this function ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Need Script to check whether user exists in the remote machine

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can someone let me know, how to check whether the user exists in the remote system? I am building a new unix box and before I proceed installing the appliation , I want to check whether the required users are created in the system . how to do this ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Srini75
1 Replies

2. SCO

How to check memory details of a SCO UNIXWARE machine

Hi All, I want to check memory details and other hardware details of my SCO machine. can someone please share the command to do that? Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to automate check outs from version control?

I'm in a fustrating situation where I am repeatidly checking code, editing, synchronizing, finding something is broke, reverting all my changes and starting over. This if often easier than trying to merge my changes with someone who has beat me to the checkin. Is there a way I can mitigate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for a file on a remote machine

Hi, Can someone tell me how to check if a file exists on a remote machine using rexec command?I'm using ksh. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exists on remote machine.

I am haveing one script haveing one issue with this could any one can reply soon it is very urgent. :p if ssh hcp_ftp@$1 'ls '$2/stop.txt' 1>&2 2>/dev/null'; then exit 1; else scp -p hcp_ftp@$1:$2/VAT*.dat $3 <<EOF EOF cd $3 pwd echo 'About to find file' SOURCE_FILE=$(ls -rt VAT*.dat|tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marpadga18
2 Replies

6. Fedora

how to check if autosys or control-M is running?

Hi, On a unix/linux server, how do I check if Autosys or Control-M (scheduler) is running? are there unique processes for these applications that I could do ps -ef | grep ??? thanks, Jason (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we check the Linux machine OS?

I have IBM Z-Linux machine as well as RedHat Linux. Where do I see that the particular machine is z-Linux? below output from zlinux. $ uname -a Linux xxxxxxxHostname 2.6.18-406.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 1 10:42:26 EDT 2015 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux below output from redhat. $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
yum-complete-transaction(8)											       yum-complete-transaction(8)

NAME
yum-complete-transaction - attempt to complete failed or aborted Yum transactions SYNOPSIS
yum-complete-transaction [options] GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. --cleanup-only Only clean up only transaction journal files and exit. DESCRIPTION
yum-complete-transaction is a program which finds incomplete or aborted yum transactions on a system and attempts to complete them. It looks at the transaction-all* and transaction-done* files which can normally be found in /var/lib/yum if a yum transaction aborted in the middle of execution. If it finds more than one unfinished transaction it will attempt to complete the most recent one first. You can run it more than once to clean up all unfinished transactions. FILES
As yum-complete-transaction uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 10 December 2007 yum-complete-transaction(8)