Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move File Containing More Than two "-" at 3rd Line To New Directory Post 302943977 by RudiC on Thursday 14th of May 2015 12:28:33 PM
Old 05-14-2015
Use smaller groups of files, e.g. aa*, ab*, ac*, etc. You can create these with nested for loops.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script works well but displays " line 6: =: No such file or directory"

strange :) can you tell why?:cool: #!/bin/bash echo " enter your age " read age if ; then echo " you do not have to pay tax " elif ]; then echo " you are eligible for income tax " else echo " you dont have to pay tax " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line containg "char" above line containing "xchar"

Okay, so I have a rather large text file and will have to process many more and this will save me hours of work. I'm not very good at scripting, so bear with me please. Working on Linux RHEL I've been able to filter and edit and clean up using sed, but I have a problem with moving lines. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rex007can
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
NestedGroups(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 NestedGroups(3pm)

NAME
Set::NestedGroups - grouped data eg ACL's, city/state/country etc SYNOPSIS
use Set::NestedGroups; $nested = new Set::NestedGroups; $nested->add('user','group'); $nested->add('group','parentgroup'); do_something() if($nested->member('user','parentgroup')); DESCRIPTION
Set::NestedGroups gives an implementation of nested groups, access control lists (ACLs) would be one example of nested groups. For example, if Joe is a Manager, and Managers have access to payroll, you can create an ACL which implements these rules, then ask the ACL if Joe has access to payroll. Another example, you may wish to track which city, state and country people are in, by adding people to cities, cities to states, and states to countries. CONSTRUTORS
new() creates a new Set::NestedGroups object. new( fh ) creates a new Set::NestedGroups object, the object will be initialized using data read from this handle. For details on the format, see the save() method new( $sth ) creates a new Set::NestedGroups object, the object will be initialized using data read using this this DBI statement handle. For details on the format, see the save() method METHODS
add ( $member, $group) adds a member to a group. The group will be created if it doesn't already exist. remove ( $member, $group ) removes a member from a group. If this was the last member in this group, then the group will be deleted. If the member was only in this group, then the member will be deleted. save(FILEHANDLE) Outputs the object to the given filehandle, which must be already open in write mode. The format is compatable with the format used by CGI, and can be used with new to initialize a new object; Returns true if successfully wrote the data, or false if something went wrong (usually that meant that the handle wasn't already open in write mode). save($sth) Saves the object to a DBI database. This can be used with new to initialize a new object. The $sth should be expecting 2 values, in this fashion: $sth = $dbh->prepare('insert into acl values (?,?)') $acl->save($dbh); $sth->finish(); $sth = $dbh->prepare('select * from acl'); $newacl=new ACL($sth); Returns true if successfully wrote the data, or false if something went wrong. member ( $member, $group ) Returns true if $member is a member of $group. member ( $member ) returns true if $member exists in any group. group ( $group ) returns true if $group exists groups ( $member, %options ) Returns the groups that $member belongs to. Options are explained below. members ( $group , %options ) Returns the members of $group. Keep on reading for the options list(%options) Returns a Set::NestedGroups::Member object that will output an list of the members & groups. This could be considered a calling of groups() on each member, except this is more efficent. The object can be used as follows. $list=$nested->list(); for(my $i=0;$i<$list->rows();$i++){ my ($member,$group)=$list->next(); print "$member=$group "; } options By default, the above methods give every valid combination. However you might not always want that. Therefore there are options which can prevent return of certain values. All of these examples presume that 'joe' is a member of 'managers', and 'managers' is a member of payroll, and that you are using only one of these options. You can use all 3, but that gets complicated to explain. -norecurse=>1 No Recursion is performed, method would ignore payroll, and return only managers. -nomiddles=>1 Doesn't returns groups 'in the middle', method would ignore mangers, and return only payroll. -nogroups=>1 Doesn't return members that are groups. This only applies to the list() method, in which case it acts like nomiddles, except on the member instead of the group. list would ignore managers and return joe => managers , joe => payroll. This sounds a lot more confusing than it actually is, once you try it once or twice you'll get the idea. AUTHOR
Alan R. Barclay, gorilla@elaine.drink.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), CGI, DBI. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 NestedGroups(3pm)