Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or any other means to find IP (File1 / MAC (File2)) entries and putting them on File3 Post 302943970 by redred on Thursday 14th of May 2015 11:34:15 AM
Old 05-14-2015
THANK YOU!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find numbers from File1 within File2

Hi all, Please your help with this. I have 2 files, File_1-->contains a column of N numbers File_2-->contains many lines with other info and numbers from File_1 within it. I would like to get from File_2 all the lines containing within the same line each of N numbers from File_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat file1 file2 > file3

file1 has pgap500 500 file2 has bunch of data cat file1 file2 > file3 cp file2 file3.dat then vi pgap500 500 onto 1st line compare file3 and fil3.dat, they are not the same. any idea ? the 1st line, i want to put pg500 xxx ---------- Post updated at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find string from file1 in file2

hi; i am looking for simple search script that find string from file1 in file 2 file 1 contain a loot of string like: 204080111111111 204080222222222 204080333333333 in each row and i would like to take the first row for example 204080111111111 from file1 and find it in file2 when it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpinto
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue with fgrep -vf file1 file2>file3

Hi all, My requirement is that i have two files file1 and file2. file1 content is present in file2. i want to have a final which will have file2 contents but not the contents of file1 so I am running below command. fgrep -vf file1 file2>file3 no of records in file1 is 65282 no of records... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk read in file1, gsub in file2, print to file3

I'm trying to use awk to do the following. I have file1 with many lines, each containing 5 fields describing an individual set. I have file2 which is a template config file with variable space holders to be replaced by the values in file1. I would like to substitute each set of values in file1 with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msmehaffey
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy(append ) the contents of file1 and file2 to file3

Platform : Oracle linux 6.5 I have two log files with the following contents # ls -l total 8 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 75 Dec 10 20:55 myLogfile1.log -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 51 Dec 10 20:57 myLogfile2.log # # cat myLogfile1.log hello world jaded zombies acted quaintly but kept driving... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)