Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign the return value of the SQL to a variable in UNIX Post 302943966 by KrishBalu on Thursday 14th of May 2015 10:49:44 AM
Old 05-14-2015
Assign the return value of the SQL to a variable in UNIX

Hi

I am new to UNIX. I am trying the below and getting the error.

I am trying to assign the variable with the value of the query result. I want this value to use in the next steps.

Created UNIX file (Batch.sh) as below

#!/bin/ksh
sqlplus callidus/callidus4u@attstcal @Batch.sql

Created UNIX file (Batch.sql) as below

batchname = ~sqlplus -s callidus/callidus@attstcal <<EOC
select batchname from cs_table where rownum = 1 order by 1 desc;
EOF!
)
echo $batchname

I am getting the below error

"SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "batchname=" - rest of line ignored.

Can anyone please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return variable from PL/SQL procedure to shell

Hi i'm calling a pl/sql procedure which is returning one variable. i'm trying to assing this value to variable in shell script the code i wrote is ** in shell script** var= 'sqlplus user/pass @ret.sql' echo $var ** and variable dum_var number exec rt_test(:DUM_VAR); exit; in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap_gore79
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign sql output data to shell script variable

Hi Guys ! I am new to unix and want to find out how we can make sql statement data to shell script variable? Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated -Chandra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattics
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from oracle & assign it in UNIX variable

Hi Team, I need to get data from oracle table & need to assign that value to unix variable. I have serched the same in other threads. I found the following code. I have tried code to get the value from oracle. but it is not working. The error shows invalid identifier "NAM" & then list all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the result of a SQL command to more than one variable in shell script.

Hi Friends... Please assist me to assign the result of a SQL query that results two column, to two variables. Pls find the below code that I write for assigning one column to one variable. and please correct if anything wrong.. #! /bin/sh no=' sqlplus -s uname/password@DBname... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning return value of an embedded SQL in a shell script variable

I've a script of the following form calling a simple sql that counts the no of rows as based on some conditions. I want the count returned by the sql to get assigned to the variable sql_ret_val1. However I'm finding that this var is always getting assigned a value of 0. I have verified by executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MxC
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign SQL result in shell variable

Hi im trying to assign the result of the db2 command to a variable inside a shell script... : tab_cnt=`db2 "select count(*) from syscat.tables where tabname = 'ABC' and tabschema = 'MATT01'" |head -4|tail +4|cut -c 11` : echo $tab_cnt when i echo im getting a blank value.. im expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a shell variable to a NUMBER parameter in pl/sql?

I have the below script running for generating file from PL/SQL stored procedure. I need to declare a shell variable and then pass this to sqlplus command to pass the same as a INPUT parameter for the stored procedure. Please help to do this. #!/bin/sh minlimit=0 maxlimit=10 size=100 while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign the Output of an SQL Query to a Variable?

Hi iam new to shell scripting how to declare variables as redshift query and I have to compare two counts by using if condition . ex:count=select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from tag; can any one help me . Please use CODE tags when displaying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam526
1 Replies
LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Batch - Batch/voucher management model for LedgerSMB 1.3 SYNOPSIS
Batch/voucher management model for LedgerSMB 1.3 METHODS
get_new_info This gets the information required for the new batch screen. Currently this just populates the batch_number hashref value. create Saves the batch info and populates the id hashref value with the id inserted. delete_voucher($id) Deletes the voucher specified by $id. get_search_criteria Sets all hash values needed for the search interface: batch_classes List of all batch classes batch_users List of all users get_search_method (private) Determines the appropriate search method, either for empty, mini, or full searches Returns the appropriate stored proc name. get_search_results Returns the appropriate search as detected by get_search_method. get_class_id($type) Returns the class_id of batch class specified by its label. post Posts a batch to the books and makes the vouchers show up in transaction reports, financial statements, and more. delete Deletes the unapproved batch and all vouchers under it. list_vouchers Returns a list of all vouchers in the batch and attaches that list to $self->{vouchers} get Gets the batch and merges information with the current batch object. Copyright (C) 2009, The LedgerSMB core team. This file is licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 2, or at your option any later version. A copy of the license should have been included with your software. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-26 LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)