Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp hangs
Special Forums IP Networking Ftp hangs Post 302943922 by rbatte1 on Thursday 14th of May 2015 04:39:45 AM
Old 05-14-2015
Could the file actually be a pipe (with no input process) or a link that is confusing it?

Is the data transfer rate good up to that point?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp hangs on file size = 0

I have an ftp process which runs every 10 minutes between Unix and an NT box. Normally it works, but when the script tries to get a file from NT that has a length of 0, the ftp process hangs (as if it is still waiting for the end of the file). This is the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinrich
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

server Hangs during FTP transfer

We are backing up a oracle database by copying the datafiles from one server to another using FTP. while in the middle of the transfer the destination server closes the connection and it sort of hangs. After this we are not able to log onto the destination server using any other user apart from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoundar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp and ftp hangs

Hi there, We I attempt to rcp/ftp data from server A to server B. It copies until halfway and throw out the error: rcp: connection lost ftp netin: Connection reset by peer 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection However, when rcp/ftp from server A to server C, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Hangs!

Hi, I have script which is based on TCL and expect. It is written to test my code. It usually runs fine for a while and hangs after sometime. Code snippet set l_temp_timeout $timeout OUTPUT_LOG2 2 >>>$expect_out(buffer)<<< OUTPUT_LOG2 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenpn
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Explorer hangs

Hi Guys, Anyone encontered a problem where when you run your SUN explorer, it hangs at sysconfig? I am having this problem for some of my servers. rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

6. Solaris

System hangs

Hi, today when i started the OS Sun Solaris 10 it hangs on initialization. Following was shown in the end of the screen Initializing system Please wait.... * Please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH hangs

Hi all, At a little bit of loss here. I have a Linux box (Redhat Enterprise 4) that has been working flawlessly for a while, that is until late Tuesday when none of the users could ssh into it. The machine is in a DMZ over which I have no control of the network settings. Here is the debug output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

bdf hangs

hi, bdf command hangs but before it, it lists all the fstab content, so i cannot find the reason... could anybody give me any clue?? thanks a lot for your attention. regards Pablo i attach syslog Jan 14 16:30:00 sv23 vmunix: hp_dlpi_wput:Received an unrecognized primitive: 101d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Server Hangs

I have a Sun-Fire-V210, the Server hangs for sometime and evn console wont be abled to access and after sometime the server comes back active. the messages file shows this , whats causing this ? # tail -500 messages Jan 25 07:02:16 xxxxxxxxxxxxx Corrupt label; wrong magic number Jan 25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp script hangs for first time,but works every second time

Hi I have an ftp script which works fine when i execute through a test scheduler(UC4), but when i run it through the prod scheduler(UC4), it hungs indefinetely, when we cancel the job and re-run it it works perfectly fine. here is the code,, any idea why this is happening ???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvankj
1 Replies
MRTG-LOGFILE(1) 						       mrtg							   MRTG-LOGFILE(1)

NAME
mrtg-logfile - description of the mrtg-2 logfile format SYNOPSIS
This document provides a description of the contents of the mrtg-2 logfile. OVERVIEW
The logfile consists of two main sections. The first Line It stores the traffic counters from the most recent run of mrtg. The rest of the File Stores past traffic rate averates and maxima at increassing intervals. The first number on each line is a unix time stamp. It represents the number of seconds since 1970. DETAILS
The first Line The first line has 3 numbers which are: A (1st column) A timestamp of when MRTG last ran for this interface. The timestamp is the number of non-skip seconds passed since the standard UNIX "epoch" of midnight on 1st of January 1970 GMT. B (2nd column) The "incoming bytes counter" value. C (3rd column) The "outgoing bytes counter" value. The rest of the File The second and remaining lines of the file contains 5 numbers which are: A (1st column) The Unix timestamp for the point in time the data on this line is relevant. Note that the interval between timestamps increases as you prograss through the file. At first it is 5 minutes and at the end it is one day between two lines. This timestamp may be converted in OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel by using the following formula =(x+y)/86400+DATE(1970;1;1) (instead of ";" it may be that you have to use "," this depends on the context and your locale settings) you can also ask perl to help by typing perl -e 'print scalar localtime(x)," "' x is the unix timestamp and y is the offset in seconds from UTC. (Perl knows y). B (2nd column) The average incoming transfer rate in bytes per second. This is valid for the time between the A value of the current line and the A value of the previous line. C (3rd column) The average outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second since the previous measurement. D (4th column) The maximum incoming transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. This is calculated from all the updates which have occured in the current interval. If the current interval is 1 hour, and updates have occured every 5 minutes, it will be the biggest 5 minute transfer rate seen during the hour. E (5th column) The maximum outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. AUTHOR
Butch Kemper <kemper@bihs.net> and Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.16.2 2008-05-16 MRTG-LOGFILE(1)