Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling source code issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compiling source code issue Post 302943869 by ajayram_arya on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 01:03:53 PM
Old 05-13-2015
Code Compiling source code issue

Need assistance in compile a source code with PERL flags

Compile source code CDFconvert-2.2.3 which requires Fortran 90,Perl interpreter , Perl/TK module , NetCDF library , Gempak

I have all the above required libraries .

Issue is when compiling the source code it looks for local installed perl but i have compile version of perl in a different location

how can i make it to compile using different perl version

Code:
checking whether the f77 linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking for xrec... no
checking for plotGEM... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for perl module Tk... no
configure: WARNING: Oops, no Tcl/Tk module for perl - graphical applications
             will be unavailable.  I'd suggest that you get perl/Tk from
             the GNU archives before continuing this installation.

Perl installed under /local/tools/perl-5.18/bin/perl which has TK modules installed. Need your assistance .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with Compiling large source file using g++

HI All, I m compiling a 27 MB cpp file and compiler crashes. My enviroment : RH 9, compiler g++ how i m compiling g++ -fPIC -DWITH_OPENSSL -DWITH_COOKIES -c soapC.cpp it took almost 30 -32 to throw error like report bug etc. I will post the same error, but if can any body tell how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables for compiling from source

Hello, I was trying to istall Gdkpixbuff 2.26.1 in my laptop ubuntu 11.10, when I did: ./configure and I got these error message *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.33.1, but GLIB (2.30.0) was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best *** to remove the old version of GLib.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling C++ source file

I am trying to compile a c++ source file print_options.cpp and getting lot of errors g++ -I/media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05 /media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05/libs/program_options/print_options.cpp In file included from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue Enabling DAQ's NFQ Module while Compiling

Hello All, OS: OpenSuSE 12.3 x86_64 A little while back I installed Snort 2.9.6 and was trying to use the NFQ module along with it for packet acquisition but got errors that the module is not present. If I run: # snort --daq-list Available DAQ modules: pcap(v3): readback live multi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLIVP(1)