Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace specific letter in a file by other letter Post 302943808 by weslyarfan on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 04:24:37 AM
Old 05-13-2015
Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all,
I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line

eg.
data.txt
Code:

for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1.
How could I do it by SED or AWK.

I have tried to run this code but actually did not modify the data.txt file and just print the result to screen.
Code:
sed -e "4s/0/1/" data.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need 100th occurance of a letter in file

Hi to all, I am looking a file in vi editor to get 100th occurance of a latter in that file. Can any one help me in this? Thanks Sathish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Is it possible to setup a samba share to always mount to a specific Windows drive letter???

I'm trying to setup Samba in a solaris zone... Is there a way to setup Samba so that every Windows machine that tries to connect to the share always gets it mounted under the same drive letter (e.g. H:)??? My Samba share (in smb.conf) /home/pickup I want that all Window users get it mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display File with a specific letter

Hi im a noob in Unix Do you guys know what command display you the files that have the character n in there name im not looking that they have the n in the beginning or in the end im looking that in search the entire string to see if it have the character n i try this ls n* but only show... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kaziduz
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find positions of a letter in a text file

Hi, I would like to know how can I get all the positions of a letter, let say letter C in a text file. sample input file: hcck pgog hlhhc desired output file: 2 3 13 Many thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all File names starting with letter P

Hi, I have lets say 10 files , I need to process them one by one. So I need a command to get one file name at a time to process it into a variable Example Files P1111.dat P3344.dat S344.dat ... v_file_name = 'p111.dat' .. I will rename it to something after processing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prassu
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ homework, finding a letter from a file

Write a program which asks user to enter a string and that string saves in a .txt file. After the file has been saved your program must count how many time letter 'a' has been reapeated ? Use fstream, string, and cctype libraries to make your jobe easier. I wrote following code #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to match the id and replace one letter in the content

Hi all, I have one file with a sequence and the other file which says the position and the letter to be changed. I have to match two files and replace content. Example is shown which will describe what I want to do. For example, file 1 has many sequences and few are shown below sequence file:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying lines of file that contain certain letter by value

I am trying to remove the last letter in a file and then multiply each line (which contained this letter) by 500. This is what I have: 1499998A 1222222A 1325804A 1254556 1235 9998 777 cat /tmp/listzz |gawk '{print $4}'|gawk '{gsub(//, ""); print } This removes the A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the first letter of each line by a capital

Hi, I need to replace, as the title says, the first letter of each line (when it's not a number) by the same letter, but capital. For instance : hello Who 123pass Would become : Hello Who 123pass Is there a way with sed to do that ? Or other unix command ? Thank you :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganon551
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace space in column with letter for several rows

I have a pbd file, which has the following format: TITLE Protein X MODEL 1 ATOM 1 N PRO 24 45.220 71.410 43.810 1.00 0.00 ATOM 2 H1 PRO 24 45.800 71.310 42.000 1.00 0.00 TER ENDMDL Column 22 is the chain... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Egy
5 Replies
Locale::Currency(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Currency(3)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Currency(3)