Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Dynamic if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create Dynamic if condition Post 302943656 by RudiC on Monday 11th of May 2015 02:23:32 PM
Old 05-11-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
With a recent bash, try
Code:
[[ "$(tail -${LEFT_OVR} color.txt | tr '\n' ' ' )" =~ "$color" ]] && echo good || echo bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahi80
Hi,
Can you explain, how above command works, in building the if condition?
That is an "abbreviated if construct" in recent bash (and other recent shells). If the result of the [[ ... ]] compound command is true, the && command is executed, if false, the || command.
cf. man bash :
Quote:
An additional binary operator, =~, is available... When it is used, the string to the right of the operator is considered an extended regular expression and matched accordingly.
So above looks for the $color in the string built from the LEFT_OVR lines tailed from the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a dynamic list?

Hi falks, I need to write a function in k-shell which cd to root directory and ask the user which sub directory you want to tar. The user will select directories untill quit. How to do it? Thanks in advance, Nir (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder wen the condition satisfied

hi i hav files ha1j ha2m ha3n ha4q ha5s ...like tat im having some 20 files ..and i want to create a folder as the same amount of files which im having wen the condition if loop is satisfied .. thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a condition for a non-included string

hey, just want to ask how to check this scenario a="apple banana cherry" if egg=0 fi how do you do the condition? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Create dynamic ksh script from a script

I am currently running 2 scripts to gather data for a 3rd script and would like to combine the 2 scripts into one. Having issues with the final output format. Note cannot post URL so replaced the http stuff with (name) in the examples All scripts contain #!/bin/ksh OS = Red Hat Enterprise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create, validate and using dynamic variables in Bash scripting

Hi All, I am really struggling to solve this problem, this might be small but I am not able to, can somebody help me? I have few directories and these directories receives text files in large amount with in fraction of seconds. So I just want to send all the files in current directory to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a file on UNIX with multiple columns on certain condition

I need to write the list of files to a new file in one column , the second column would contain the first line of that file (header record extracted through head -1 ) and the third column would contain the last record of that file (trailer record tail -1 ) . Example :- folder where the files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create folder by using if and elif condition?

Hi All, I have already code to create folder for one country let say US , now we want to create folder/directory for JP country also using shell script , application server. $COUNTRY='US' if ] then if mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/TEST/$COUNTRY/$INVOICE >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)