Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file Post 302943639 by RudiC on Monday 11th of May 2015 11:25:56 AM
Old 05-11-2015
You sed snippet works for me - it removes exactly the " after the 22. Why don't you like that solution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing comma with in double quotes in a csv file

Hello, I need to read a csv file and I am trying to replace a comma with a text DSEE?DSEE. Example Input "Chapter","NewTrains, "oldTrains","Delayed",10,"London" "Chapter","Newbuses,oldbuses","On Time",20,"London" Output "Chapter","NewTrainsDSEE?DSEE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvani
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline character between a double quotes to a space

Hi Guys, I have a file with content as below aj.txt "Iam allfine" abcdef abcd "all is not well" What I'm trying to say is my data has some new line characters in between quoted text. I must get ride of the newline character that comes in between the quoted text. output must be:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajahuja
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to append double quotes for each column in a file

Hi Experts, I am beginner to the shell scripting, My requirement is to append double quotes for each column in a file if double quotes does not exist. Example: "abc"|123|"gh-ch"|23.067 Use code tags, thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidy
10 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)