Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing only time zone file not the timezone without reboot Post 302943578 by Amr.Es on Sunday 10th of May 2015 09:22:07 AM
Old 05-10-2015
Thanks for your Reply

/etc/TIMEZONE contains a timezone for example TZ=Africa/Tripoli as i know in solaris 10 to change this timezone i must restart the server so I will leave it as is and replace Tripoli file itself that contains new time (GMT+2 instead of GMT+3) so how to make this file take effect on the system without restarting the server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TimeZone changing in Solaris

I've date back one of my Unix WS ,after that again i want to return to real date,but after running: # date -u mmddHHMMyy the clock immediately returns to GMT timezone that is different with my local timezone. any suggestion could be useful... tanx --nikk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

changing time zone from ist to bst

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to change time zone from ist to bst, What changes should be done in /etc/TIMEZONE file. wheather it is possible to change timezone without rebooting the server. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

changing the time zone in aix

hi may aix version is 6100-06-03-1048 when i give date command it shows the time zone as root@cbspsgui01 #date Fri Sep 16 08:43:42 Africa/Johannesburg 2011 I want to change the time zone to GMT +02:00: After i change the time zone it should show something like the one below when i type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Can i reboot a zone when i logged in the zone

I am curious to know if I can reboot a zone while I was inside the zone itself. By doing so can I know what happens to the zone and what are the pros and cons. Is it recommended or not? Is that zone will properly shuts down; :confused::confused::confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas1049
7 Replies

6. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Changing the timezone to GMT+1

Hello everyone, Can you please help me with this problem? I want to change the timezone of my Solaris 10 system. I found on internet that I should do the following steps: 1- Edit the /etc/TIMEZONE file 2- restart the system : init 6 My question is : In the file /etc/TIMEZONE I should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
5 Replies

8. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing java timezone on RHEL 5

Hi all, I faced with some problem when I changing java timezone on RHEL 5. I used tzupdater.jar tool from oracle to update java timezone. But I missed stopping applications before I run tzupdater tool. So some applications working with wrong timezone. I think there's some cached instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 global zone timezone

Am new on Solaris If I compare with ESXi default timezone is UTC and we have to set BIOS timezone to UTC too . What we follow and best practice in Solaris Sparc servers . Thanks in advance . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix - Determine the local system's time zone on Unix VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Unix platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o /etc/localtime If this file is a symlink to an Olson database time zone file (usually in /usr/share/zoneinfo) then it uses the target file's path name to determine the time zone name. For example, if the path is /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago, the time zone is "America/Chicago". Some systems just copy the relevant file to /etc/localtime instead of making a symlink. In this case, we look in /usr/share/zoneinfo for a file that has the same size and content as /etc/localtime to determine the local time zone. o /etc/timezone If this file exists, it is read and its contents are used as a time zone name. o /etc/TIMEZONE If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/sysconfig/clock If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TIMEZONE = ..." or "ZONE = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/default/init If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ=...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)