Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove double char occurences Post 302943479 by rlopes on Friday 8th of May 2015 08:52:26 PM
Old 05-08-2015
Remove double char occurences

I have a file with random characters where every time a char occurs twice, one occurrence must be removed.

Eg.

Code:
asjkdhaSSd

Must become:

Code:
asjkdhaSd

Anybody has a SED script in mind to do it?

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-08-2015 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: Change Bold tags to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Char for double quote

Hi, what is the escape char for " in shell script. following way i want to write file using echo command echo "LOAD DATA infile '&1' APPEND INTO TABLE dummy_table FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' - single quote and double quote and single quote - gives error here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navik_pathak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to remove a char from a specified sub-string

Hi! I'm having trouble usind sed to remove the char ' from within a database's varchar register's sql. For example, on the following sql: INSERT INTO patrimonio_municipal.patrimonio_municipal_airc_tmp Values('|Estação Elevatória|',|16723|,'|Grandes Reparações|', '|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cremat0rio
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I remove the first char using AWK?

Hi everyone, suppose that I have the following line: #test your knowledge can I use AWK to print the word "test" only? without the #? what should I change to this: awk '{print $1}' thanks in advance guys (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove char after Colon

Hi guys, This is my input 2735:<7001> 34 789 701 2 2774:<7001> 34 789 701 2 How to delete characters after colon : Including colon : too ? My output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help me to remove junk char

I wanted to remove junk char in my csv. :mad: Input file format: "17","9986782190","0","D","2" "17","9900918331","0","D","2" "13","9986782194","0","A","2" Output file format 9986782190 9900918331 9986782194 And one more thing all the time "13"," this will be different Ex: . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddartha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the # char form a line?

Hi, my file has below details and I want remove the # char from only specific line. #TEST:00:START #TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO #TEST3:03:COMP i.e if want remove the # from 2nd line then file to be updated as #TEST:00:START TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandyrajh
6 Replies

7. Programming

Double to const char conversion

Dear all, I am using C and ROOT for programming. And I need to incorporate following in my code. char *fps=NULL; int dec=0,sign=0; float mean = h1->GetMean(1); //0.001298 fps= fcvt(mean,6 , &dec, &sign); I need to provide this mean as const char to some other function to get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove char if not a number

I need to write a BASH script that takes a 2 character string and removes the second character if it is not a digit e.g. If the string is numberical value >9 e.g. string1 = '34' then leave string1 = '34'. However if the string is <10 e.g. string1 = '3X' then remove the second char (which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl regex problem on strings with several occurences of one char

Hi all, i have the following line in a record file : retenu=non demande=non script=#vtbackup /path=/save/backup/demande position=140+70 and i want to use Perl regex to have the following output key : "retenu" value : "non" key : "demande" value "non" key : "script" value :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a char before a pattern?

Hi I have a file where i want to remove a char before a specific pattern. exp: CREATE TABLE ( A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed )AS SELECT A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed FROM TABLE. So i want to delete the comma(,) after the C both ways.Pattern can be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
11 Replies
STRING(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 STRING(3)

NAME
strcat, strncat, strcmp, strncmp, strcpy, strncpy, strlen, index, rindex - string operations SYNOPSIS
char *strcat(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; char *strncat(s1, s2, n) char *s1, *s2; strcmp(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; strncmp(s1, s2, n) char *s1, *s2; char *strcpy(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; char *strncpy(s1, s2, n) char *s1, *s2; strlen(s) char *s; char *index(s, c) char *s, c; char *rindex(s, c) char *s; DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on null-terminated strings. They do not check for overflow of any receiving string. Strcat appends a copy of string s2 to the end of string s1. Strncat copies at most n characters. Both return a pointer to the null-termi- nated result. Strcmp compares its arguments and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, according as s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. Strncmp makes the same comparison but looks at at most n characters. Strcpy copies string s2 to s1, stopping after the null character has been moved. Strncpy copies exactly n characters, truncating or null- padding s2; the target may not be null-terminated if the length of s2 is n or more. Both return s1. Strlen returns the number of non-null characters in s. Index (rindex) returns a pointer to the first (last) occurrence of character c in string s, or zero if c does not occur in the string. BUGS
Strcmp uses native character comparison, which is signed on PDP11's, unsigned on other machines. STRING(3)