Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Case switching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Case switching Post 302943389 by Tuxidow on Friday 8th of May 2015 05:02:21 AM
Old 05-08-2015
that was typo "fname and name" happened when I pasted it here and edited. But when I put the variables in quotes on if condition, it started working.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert value in a variable from upper case to lower case

Hi, I have a variable $Ctrcd which contains country names in upper case and i want to convert them into lower case. I have tried so many solutions from already existing threads but couldn't get the correct one. Can anybody help me with this..... Thanks a lot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
pthread_cond_signal(3T) 												   pthread_cond_signal(3T)

NAME
pthread_cond_signal(), pthread_cond_broadcast() - unblock one or all threads waiting on a condition variable SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
cond Pointer to the condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to wake-up one of the threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines which thread is unblocked. It is possible that more than one thread can be unblocked due to a spurious wakeup. The function is used to wake-up all threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with the condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines the order in which threads are unblocked. The condition variabled denoted by cond must have been dynamically initialized by a call to or statically initialized with the macro An unblocked thread will reacquire the mutex it held when it started the condition wait before returning from or The threads that are unblocked contend for the mutex according to their scheduling policy and priority. The or functions can be called by a thread whether or not it currently owns the condition variable's associated mutex. For predictable scheduling behavior and to prevent lost wake-ups, the mutex should be held when signaling a condition variable. Usage When using condition variables, there is a boolean predicate associated with each condition wait. If this predicate is false, the thread should do a condition wait. Spurious wakeups may occur when waiting on a condition variable. Because the return values from and do not imply anything about the value of this predicate, the predicate should always be re-evaluated. Applications using condition variables typically acquire a mutex and enter a loop which checks the predicate. Depending on the value of the predicate, the thread either breaks out of the loop or waits on the condition. On return from the condition wait, the predicate is re- evaluated. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] cond is not a valid condition variable. [EFAULT] cond parameter points to an illegal address. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_cond_wait(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_cond_signal(3T)