Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If contents of A are in B then move the common contents to C Post 302943320 by vgersh99 on Thursday 7th of May 2015 08:19:32 AM
Old 05-07-2015
awk 'FNR==NR {fa[$1];next} $2 in fa' FILEA FS='"' FILEB > FILEC

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join file contents via common field

I have 2 files with a common parm - Jobname File 1 0507 1202 JOBA 0507 1302 JOBB 0507 1452 JOBC 0507 1552 JOBA 0507 1553 JOBA File2 JOBA abcdefg server4 JOBB defghij server22 JOBC vwxyz12 server55 I would like to take each line from File1 and match the jobname with the jobname... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Northerner
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move contents of a directory into one file for e-mail distribution ...

Hello, Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am going to have one directory in which there will be files of varying types (Excel, Word, PPT, and possible others), and I need to be able to be bundle however many files there are in there together in to one file to be used as an e-mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rip73
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 file contents , if same delete 2nd file contents

Give shell script....which takes two file names as input and compares the contents, is both are same delete second file's contents..... I try with "diff"...... but confusion how to use "diff" with if ---else Thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

common contents of two files

I have two files: file a with contents 1 2 3 4 5 file b with contents 6 3 5 8 9 10 i want go get file c which has the common contents of both files so file c should have contents 3 5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move contents from one file to another based on line number or content

I want a script that will move everything beyond a certain line number or beyond a certain content word into another file. For example, if file A has this: first line second line third line forth line fifth line sixth line I want to run a script that will move everything beyond the third... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robp2175
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding common numbers (contents) across 2 or 3 files

I have 3 files which are tab delimited and have numbers in it. file 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 File 2 3 5 7 8 File 3 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Directory & Contents Between Two Machines

Hi All, I have a large amount of files that I need to copy from one server to another server using SFTP. Can comeone please help me with the command I would use here? Here is what I am thinking, but being new at this I know this is probably wrong: Login to the destination host using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move parent folder if contents match a parameter

Hi all, Hoping someone can help. I'm looking to be able to search a particular folder path for folders that contain certain files / formats and then move the parent folder. eg. /foo/bar/folder1/file.exe /foo/bar/folder2/file.exe and then move the folder1/2 tp another folder. So if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: springs2
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to move the contents of a folder to another one

what is the best way to move the contents of a folder to another one without deleting the structure of the first one. the contents could include subfolder too. both folder, the source-folder and the target-folder are on the same host. any idea is appreciated . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
7 Replies
PDF2TXT(1)							  PDFMiner Manual							PDF2TXT(1)

NAME
pdf2txt - extracts text contents of PDF files SYNOPSIS
pdf2txt [option...] file... DESCRIPTION
pdf2txt extracts text contents from a PDF file. It extracts all the text that is to be rendered programmatically, i.e. text represented as ASCII or Unicode strings. It cannot recognize text drawn as images that would require optical character recognition. It also extracts the corresponding locations, font names, font sizes, writing direction (horizontal or vertical) for each text portion. You need to provide a password for protected PDF documents when its access is restricted. You cannot extract any text from a PDF document which does not have extraction permission. OPTIONS
-o file Specifies the output file name. The default is to print the extracted contents to standand output in text format. -p pageno[,pageno,...] Specifies the comma-separated list of the page numbers to be extracted. Page numbers start at one. By default, it extracts text from all the pages. -c codec Specifies the output codec. -t type Specifies the output format. The following formats are currently supported: text Text format. This is the default. html HTML format. It is not recommended. xml XML format. It provides the most information. tag "Tagged PDF" format. A tagged PDF has its own contents annotated with HTML-like tags. pdf2txt tries to extract its content streams rather than inferring its text locations. Tags used here are defined in the PDF Reference, Sixth Edition[1] (S10.7 "Tagged PDF"). -D writing-mode Specifies the writing mode of text outputs: lr-tb Left-to-right, top-to-bottom. tb-rl Top-to-bottom, right-to-left. auto Determine writing mode automatically -M char-margin, -L line-margin, -W word-margin These are the parameters used for layout analysis. In an actual PDF file, text portions might be split into several chunks in the middle of its running, depending on the authoring software. Therefore, text extraction needs to splice text chunks. In the figure below, two text chunks whose distance is closer than the char-margin is considered continuous and get grouped into one. Also, two lines whose distance is closer than the line-margin is grouped as a text box, which is a rectangular area that contains a "cluster" of text portions. Furthermore, it may be required to insert blank characters (spaces) as necessary if the distance between two words is greater than the word-margin, as a blank between words might not be represented as a space, but indicated by the positioning of each word. Each value is specified not as an actual length, but as a proportion of the length to the size of each character in question. The default values are char-margin = 1.0, line-margin = 0.3, and W = 0.2, respectively. -n Suppress layout analysis. -A Force layout analysis for all the text strings, including text contained in figures. -V Enable detection of vertical writing. -s scale Specifies the output scale. This option can be used in HTML format only. -m n Specifies the maximum number of pages to extract. By default, all the pages in a document are extracted. -P password Provides the user password to access PDF contents. -d Increase the debug level. EXAMPLES
Extract text as an HTML file whose filename is output.html: $ pdf2txt -o output.html samples/naacl06-shinyama.pdf Extract a Japanese HTML file in vertical writing: $ pdf2txt -c euc-jp -D tb-rl -o output.html samples/jo.pdf Extract text from an encrypted PDF file: $ pdf2txt -P mypassword -o output.txt secret.pdf SEE ALSO
dumppdf(1) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. Yusuke Shinyama <yusuke@cs.nyu.edu> Author of PDFMiner and its original HTML documentation. NOTES
1. PDF Reference, Sixth Edition http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference_1-7.pdf pdf2txt 08/24/2011 PDF2TXT(1)