Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [FUN] Get some stats of your project/s Post 302943289 by sea on Thursday 7th of May 2015 04:58:58 AM
Old 05-07-2015
Limiting the files found to only files starting with st* is alot faster, due to a smaller list size.

After changing the find line to:
Code:
 $(find . -type f -name "*"|grep -ve jpg$ -ve png$ -ve svg$ -ve \.git) )

Its printing (almost) the same stats in quite near range (imo, regarding the task done)....
Org:
Code:
real	0m0.581s
user	0m0.195s
sys	0m0.742s

New:
Code:
real	0m0.402s
user	0m0.385s
sys	0m0.026s

Only value changed is 'blank lines', raised from ~200 to ~1800. Smilie
Eventhough i've (theoreticly) removed more image files - which shouldnt contain empty lines anyway....

Last edited by sea; 05-07-2015 at 06:05 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
SYSMON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 SYSMON(8)

NAME
sysmon, stats - display graphs of system activity SYNOPSIS
sysmon [ machine [ -option ] ] stats [ -option ] DESCRIPTION
Sysmon displays a rolling graph of various statistics collected by the operating system. The statistics may be from a remote machine. A sample value is taken once per second. The number in the top left corner of the graph gives the peak value for the duration of the graph. Lines across the graph represent 75%, 50%, and 25% of the peak value. Clicking a mouse button anywhere in the window cycles through the list of parameters to monitor; an option letter sets the initial choice. The option letters and parameters are: [m] mem total pages of active memory. The memory is displayed as a fraction of the machine's total memory. [e] ether number of packets sent and received per second. [w] swap number of valid pages on the swap device. The swap is displayed as a fraction of the number of swap pages configured by the machine. [c] contxt number of process context switches per second. [i] intr number of interrupts per second. [f] fault number of memory faults per second. [t] tlbmiss number of translation look-aside buffer misses per second. [p] tlbpurge number of translation lookaside buffer flushes per second. [l] load system load average. The load is computed as a running average of the number of processes ready to run multiplied by 1000 to give some precision. The stats program is invoked by sysmon to display the graph. FILES
/net/*/[0-n]/stats #c/sysstat SOURCE
/rc/bin/sysmon /sys/src/cmd/stats.c BUGS
Some machines do not have TLB hardware. SYSMON(8)