Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aa_app varible in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Aa_app varible in Linux Post 302943198 by RudiC on Wednesday 6th of May 2015 07:33:25 AM
Old 05-06-2015
Run command save_file_list from $AA_APP/sbin/ or, if AA_APP is NULL or unset, from /opt/ty/aa/sbin/ with first parameter ApplEnv.prererun and second parameter ${AA_APP}/sbin/ApplEnv.install_save_list or, if AA_APP is NULL or unset, /opt/ty/aa/sbin/ApplEnv.install_save_list. It looks to me as if the second par. might be a program to be run from within the command...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using varible/varible substitution in Perl/sed Search & Replace

Hi, I have a program that searches for a particular string patten. I am however having difficulty passing the varible $i (in a loop) as the string pattern to replace. Using either perl or sed search and replace statements, I get the same kinda result. For example, using the perl: for i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

chaging a environment varible using sheel script

hi How can one change an environment varaible inside a shell script say my bash shell has a env variable export FOO="Day" no i want to write a script inside which the FOO variable is modified to say export FOO=NIGHT after this script finishes te bash shell should show me NIGHT when i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a varible into file in ksh

set filename $logDir/PyLog/$logname echo $filename >> logname.txt I am trying to write to write the varibale filename into a file logname.txt,it is not working could any one suggest y (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space in varible?

Hey guys I have here what I am sure amounts to a pretty dumb question.... how do I assign a value of say 999 to a variable called "random number" (note the space between random and number). What would the script look like using borne shell? Thanks! :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattingtonjbear
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this a varible type?

Wondering what $@ does - is it a variable of some kind? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayden
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: varible-sized arrays?

How do you store strings in a variable-sized array? Background: I wrote a program earlier today to work with a very large text file. I chose Perl because it lets me do some nice formatting on the text I grab, instead of just using a shell script to con'cat'enate egrep results. The program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Varible nesting and user input

Well, I think I've managed to take two different issues and conglomerate them into and embarrasing mess. #!/bin/bash # Set some variables dir1=/path/that/isnt/variable/$variabledir/dir/ dir2=/path/that/isnt/variable/$variabledir/important/"$variabledir"-subdirectory/path/ echo "Gimme... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlp
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store/read multiple values from a varible

Hi, when I enter 'ps -ef| grep process_name'/'psu | grep process_name', i am getting multiple number of lines output( i mean multiple no of processes).how can i store it one by one and echo it in the same way(one by one). part of script is var1=$(remsh hostname -l username ps -ef|grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeanzibbin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Varible with AWK in KSH

I am trying to set a variable from this AWK command in KSH but I keep getting an error that says my variable cannot be found. LOADNO = $(awk -F"|" 'NR==1{print $2}' file.txt) If I just run awk -F"|" 'NR==1{print $2}' file.txt I get the right value but as soon as I try to assign this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cvigeant
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to pass varible

I want to pass variable to below awk statement awk '/abc123/{x=NR+1}(NR<=x){print}' sftp_log_20150317.log I tried -v like below, but its not working. Please help!!! awk -v var1="abc123" '/var1/{x=NR+1}(NR<=x){print}' sftp_log_20150317.log Input file is: sftp_log_20150317.log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies
rc2(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    rc2(8)

NAME
rc2 - Run command script executed when entering a multiuser run level SYNOPSIS
rc2 DESCRIPTION
The rc2 script contains run commands that enable initialization of the system to a multiuser state; run level 2. In addition to commands listed within the script itself, rc2 contains instructions to run certain commands found in the /sbin/rc2.d directory. The script defines the conditions under which the commands execute; some commands run if the system is booting, other commands execute if the system is chang- ing run levels. By convention, files in the /sbin/rc2.d directory begin with either the letter "K" or the letter "S" and are followed by a two-digit number and a filename; for example: K00lpd S00savecore S25uucp In general, the system starts commands that begin with the letter "S" and stops commands that begin with the letter "K." Commands that begin with the letter "K" run only when the system is changing run levels from a higher to a lower level. Commands that begin with the letter "S" run in all cases. The numbering of commands in the /sbin/rc2.d directory is important since the numbers are sorted and the com- mands are run in ascending order. Files in the /sbin/rc2.d directory are normally links to files in the /etc/init.d directory. An entry in the inittab file causes the system to execute the rc2 run commands, for example: s2:23:wait:/sbin/rc2 < /dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1 The following operations are typical of those that result from executing the rc2 script and the commands located in the /sbin/rc2.d direc- tory. The operation depends on which state the system is entering or exiting. Setting the time zone Checking the current run level Stop- ping network services and daemons Starting (or stopping) system services and daemons Starting the cron daemon Setting up paging and dump facilities Setting up uucp files Setting the TIMEZONE variable is one of the first operations completed by the rc2 script. This action provides the default time zone for subsequent commands. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the directory of commands that correspond to the run level RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: init(8), rc0(8), rc3(8) delim off rc2(8)