Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting New files based off match or no match Post 302943095 by cmccabe on Tuesday 5th of May 2015 11:06:26 AM
Old 05-05-2015
I apologize for the confusion and think I have found a method to do what I need. There seems to be one issue I am having, but I am going to try and figure it out then re-post if I need assistance. Thank you again and I apologize for the confusion Smilie.

I was able to figure it out using your explanation from this post:

Match or no match Smilie

Last edited by cmccabe; 05-05-2015 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string on two files based on match rules.

Hi, How to check if a string on file2 exactly matches with a part or complete string on file1, and return a match indicator based on some match rules. 1) only records on file1 with category A should be matched. for other category, the output match indicator should default to 'N' 2) on file2... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: effay
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files based on Substring match

In folder there are files (eg ABS_18APR2012_XYZ.csv DSE_17APR2012_ABE.csv) . My requirement is to delete all the files except today's timestamp I tried doing this to list all the files not having today's date timestamp #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%d%h%Y"` DIR=/data/rfs/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match files based on either of the two columns awk

Dear Shell experts, I have 2 files with structure: File 1: ID and count head test_GI_count1.txt 1000094 2 10039307 1 10039641 1 10047177 11 10047359 1 1008555 2 10120302 1 10120672 13 10121776 1 10121865 32 And 2nd file: head Protein_gi_GeneID_symbol.txt protein_gi GeneID... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join lines from two files based on match

I have two files. File1 >gi|11320906|gb|AF197889.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAAGATAAAAAATAGTATTTT >gi|11320898|gb|AF197885.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAA >gi|11320894|gb|AF197883.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAATTTTT File2 AF197885 Uroleucon aeneum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 files replace multiple occurances based on a match

Hi All, I need some help trying to achieve the below but everything I've tried has failed, I have 2 files which i'm trying to carry out a match based on the first column from file 1, take that value find it in file 2 if found replace it with the second column from File 1 Lookup File: File 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match tab-delimited files based on key

I thought I had this figured out but was wrong so am humbly asking for help. The task is to add an additional column to FILE 1 based on records in FILE 2. The key is in COLUMN 1 for FILE 1 and in COLUMN 1 OR COLUMN 2 for FILE 2. I want to add the third column from FILE 2 to the beginning of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andmal
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two columns in two files and printing a third based on a match

Hello all, First post here. I did not notice a previous post to help me down the right path. I am looking to compare a column in a CSV file against another file (which is not a column match one for one) but more or less when a match is made, I would like to append a third column that contains a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)