Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013 Post 302942900 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 3rd of May 2015 03:56:27 PM
Old 05-03-2015
This seems to view fine in outlook 2010 ( sorry don't have 2013 around to test):

Code:
(  FMT="  %-20s%-10s%-10s%-16s%-15s%-7s\n"
   printf "$FMT" Server Instance Database Backup Time Status
   printf "$FMT" ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------
   printf "$FMT" server1 ins1 DB1 00:23 Completed
   printf "$FMT" Server2 ins2 DB2 11:12 Completed
   printf "$FMT" Server3 ins3 DB3 19:54 Completed
   printf "$FMT" Server4 ins4 DB4 19:55 Completed
   printf "$FMT" Server5 ins5 DB5 19:02 Completed ) | mail -s 'Indent test' testuser@your.company.com

Notice the two spaces at the front of $FMT.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

7. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outlook Email Body Format Issue

Hello All, I been trying to get a solution for a while not able to figure out. I am generating a file and sending that as an body of message to my outlook account. For some reason reason everything is showing up as one line in the email. for i in `cat "${GEN_PARAM_LIST3}"` do ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
GPODDER-BACKUP(1)						   User Commands						 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)

NAME
gpodder-backup - Backup and restore utility for gPodder user data SYNOPSIS
gpodder-backup [--create|--extract] <archive.gpo.tar.gz> [options] gpodder-backup --purge DESCRIPTION
This utility can be used to create a dump of the current gPodder data (configuration files + downloads), optionally replacing the real con- tents of the download folder with zero-byte files (for submitting your data to a bug report without having to transfer lots of data). OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c <FILE>, --create=<FILE> Create a new archive -x <FILE>, --extract=<FILE> Extract an existing archive -f, --fake-downloads Store downloads as zero-byte files in backup -n, --no-covers Do not include cover files in archive -D <DIR>, --destination=<DIR> Extract downloads in different folder -P, --purge Remove current data (can be combined with --extract) USAGE FOR BUG REPORTING
This command is useful if you want to report a bug in gPodder: gpodder-backup --create bug123.gpo.tar.gz --fake-downloads Backup your current data to file bug123.gpo.tar.gz, but don't store download data (create zero-size dummy files instead). You can then attach bug123.gpo.tar.gz to the bug report. If you are instructed to try gPodder from a "clean state", you can use the following command (be sure to backup your data before!): gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXAMPLES
gpodder-backup --create today.gpo.tar.gz Backup your current data to file today.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract mybackup.gpo.tar.gz Restore (without purging) the contents of mybackup.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract default.gpo.tar.gz --purge Remove current data, then restore the contents of default.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXTRACTING FAKED DOWNLOADS
Please note that any existing downloads will be overwritten with zero-byte files when using the --extract option of the gpodder-backup utility with a backup created with --fake-downloads AUTHOR
gpodder-backup was written by Thomas Perl (thp@gpodder.org) gpodder-backup 1.0 December 2010 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)