Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO unresponsive after root disk Post 302942845 by edfair on Friday 1st of May 2015 09:11:24 PM
Old 05-01-2015
I think I would try making a new boot and root set on one of the other 3 machines, verify operation on it, then try it on the machine that is failing. That would eliminate bad boot and root, just in case the supplier duplicated them from a bad original.

More likely, in my experience, that the CD is bad by a factor of at least 20 to 1. Can you swap a CD across.

To answer the previous question, keyboard is generic and shows up as it is booting up.

Assume that the SCSI bios reports all devices correctly on BIOS attachment.

Last edited by edfair; 05-01-2015 at 10:21 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fortgot root password SCO 5.0.

hello guys The company i work for just got a new client, there old datebase is in Unix SCO openserver 5.0.5. The manager of this new client can login but not as a root , they forgot there own root password. There old IT company never gave it to them and they have no way of getting a hold of them ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. SCO

adding hard disk from SCO OpSer in SCO 5.06

Hi! Sorry, but I am'not spesialist in SCO OpenServer. I need to add hard disk from SCO Open Server ( "a") in my SCO OpenServer 5.6. I need data from "a". When I added, I see only swap disk, and didn't see root file system. I need to add IDE and SCSI Please, help me. How right to add disk?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedir
0 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

4. SCO

Expanding the root area on SCO 5.07?

I would like to expand the size of the root area, currently 800 kb, to a size of 2000 kb. Is that possible to do without loosing any data in the /u area? There is plenty of space available in the /u area. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pschnell
2 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 no root disk controller found error during install

I'm "attempting" to install SCO 5.0.7 on an HP ML370 G4 server and am ready to bash the keyboard with head now. I keep getting the error message "WARNING hd: no root disk controller found" when running the bootable install cd. I have a raid 5 array with an online spare created using 4 36.3 GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrictionBurn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

7. SCO

root out of space in sco 5

DEAR Team, I need some help in sco open server 5 while booting server beloow message giving server HTFS no space dev HD 1/42 Thanks Skb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Openserver 5 root password and disk full

Hi, We have an old SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server that I have inherited that currently has two issues that we are trying to resolve. 1. We do not know the root password. I have contacted the old admin, looked for rescue disk and documentation but there appears to be nothing. I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acerimmer10
1 Replies
usbkbm(7M)																usbkbm(7M)

NAME
usbkbm - keyboard STREAMS module for Sun USB Keyboard SYNOPSIS
open("/dev/kbd", O_RDWR) The usbkbm STREAMS module processes byte streams generated by a keyboard attached to a USB port. USB keyboard is a member of Human Interface Device (HID) Class, and usbkbm only supports the keyboard protocol defined in the specification. Definitions for altering key- board translation and reading events from the keyboard are in <sys/kbio.h> and <sys/kbd.h>. The usbkbm STREAMS module adheres to the interfaces exported by kb(7M). Refer to the DESCRIPTION section of kb(7M) for a discussion of the keyboard translation modes and the IOCTL section for the supported ioctl(2) requests. USB Keyboard usbkbm returns different values for the following ioctls than kb(7M): KIOCTYPE This ioctl() returns a new keyboard type defined for the USB keyboard. All types are listed below: KB_SUN3 Sun Type 3 keyboard KB_SUN4 Sun Type 4 keyboard KB_ASCII ASCII terminal masquerading as keyboard KB_PC Type 101 PC keyboard KB_USB USB keyboard The USB keyboard type is KB_USB; usbkbm will return KB_USB in response to the KIOCTYPE ioctl. KIOCLAYOUT The argument is a pointer to an int. The layout code specified by the bCountryCode value returned in the HID descriptor is returned in the int pointed to by the argument. The countrycodes are defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specifications. KIOCCMD KBD_CMD_CLICK/KBD_CMD_NOCLICK The kb(7M) indicates that inappropriate commands for particular keyboards are ignored. Because clicking is not supported on the USB keyboard, usbkbm ignores this command KBD_CMD_SETLED Set keyboard LEDs. Same as kb(7M). KBD_CMD_GETLAYOUT The country codes defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specification are returned. KBD_CMD_BELL/KBD_CMD_NOBELL This command is supported although the USB keyboard does not have a buzzer. The request for the bell is rerouted. KBD_CMD_RESET There is no notion of resetting the keyboard as there is for the type4 keyboard. usbkbm ignores this command and does not return an error. FILES
/kernel/strmod/usbkbm 32-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module ( platform only) /kernel/strmod/sparcv9/usbkbm SPARC 64-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ dumpkeys(1), kbd(1), loadkeys(1), ioctl(2), keytables(4), attributes(5), hid(7D), usba(7D), virtualkm(7D), kb(7M) STREAMS Programming Guide System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGN0STICS None 27 June 2005 usbkbm(7M)