Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO unresponsive after root disk Post 302942845 by edfair on Friday 1st of May 2015 09:11:24 PM
Old 05-01-2015
I think I would try making a new boot and root set on one of the other 3 machines, verify operation on it, then try it on the machine that is failing. That would eliminate bad boot and root, just in case the supplier duplicated them from a bad original.

More likely, in my experience, that the CD is bad by a factor of at least 20 to 1. Can you swap a CD across.

To answer the previous question, keyboard is generic and shows up as it is booting up.

Assume that the SCSI bios reports all devices correctly on BIOS attachment.

Last edited by edfair; 05-01-2015 at 10:21 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fortgot root password SCO 5.0.

hello guys The company i work for just got a new client, there old datebase is in Unix SCO openserver 5.0.5. The manager of this new client can login but not as a root , they forgot there own root password. There old IT company never gave it to them and they have no way of getting a hold of them ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. SCO

adding hard disk from SCO OpSer in SCO 5.06

Hi! Sorry, but I am'not spesialist in SCO OpenServer. I need to add hard disk from SCO Open Server ( "a") in my SCO OpenServer 5.6. I need data from "a". When I added, I see only swap disk, and didn't see root file system. I need to add IDE and SCSI Please, help me. How right to add disk?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedir
0 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

4. SCO

Expanding the root area on SCO 5.07?

I would like to expand the size of the root area, currently 800 kb, to a size of 2000 kb. Is that possible to do without loosing any data in the /u area? There is plenty of space available in the /u area. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pschnell
2 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 no root disk controller found error during install

I'm "attempting" to install SCO 5.0.7 on an HP ML370 G4 server and am ready to bash the keyboard with head now. I keep getting the error message "WARNING hd: no root disk controller found" when running the bootable install cd. I have a raid 5 array with an online spare created using 4 36.3 GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrictionBurn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

7. SCO

root out of space in sco 5

DEAR Team, I need some help in sco open server 5 while booting server beloow message giving server HTFS no space dev HD 1/42 Thanks Skb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Openserver 5 root password and disk full

Hi, We have an old SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server that I have inherited that currently has two issues that we are trying to resolve. 1. We do not know the root password. I have contacted the old admin, looked for rescue disk and documentation but there appears to be nothing. I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acerimmer10
1 Replies
CDF(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CDF(3pm)

NAME
PDL::GSL::CDF - PDL interface to GSL Cumulative Distribution Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Cumulative Distribution Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::GSL::CDF; my $p = gsl_cdf_tdist_P( $t, $df ); my $t = gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv( $p, $df ); FUNCTIONS
gsl_cdf_ugaussian_P Signature: (double x(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_ugaussian_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_ugaussian_Pinv Signature: (double p(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_ugaussian_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gaussian_P Signature: (double x(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gaussian_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gaussian_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gaussian_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gamma_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gamma_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gamma_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gamma_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_cauchy_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_cauchy_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_cauchy_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_cauchy_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_laplace_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_laplace_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_laplace_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_laplace_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_rayleigh_P Signature: (double x(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_rayleigh_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_rayleigh_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_rayleigh_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_chisq_P Signature: (double x(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_chisq_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_chisq_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_chisq_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exponential_P Signature: (double x(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exponential_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exponential_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exponential_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exppow_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exppow_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_tdist_P Signature: (double x(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_tdist_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_fdist_P Signature: (double x(); double nua(); double nub(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_fdist_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_fdist_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nua(); double nub(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_fdist_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_beta_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_beta_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_beta_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_beta_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_flat_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_flat_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_flat_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_flat_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_lognormal_P Signature: (double x(); double zeta(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_lognormal_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_lognormal_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double zeta(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_lognormal_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel1_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel1_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel1_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel1_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel2_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel2_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel2_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel2_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_weibull_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_weibull_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_weibull_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_weibull_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pareto_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pareto_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pareto_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pareto_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_logistic_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_logistic_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_logistic_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_logistic_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_binomial_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); ushort n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_binomial_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_poisson_P Signature: (ushort k(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_poisson_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_geometric_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_geometric_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_negative_binomial_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); double n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_negative_binomial_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pascal_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); ushort n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pascal_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_hypergeometric_P Signature: (ushort k(); ushort na(); ushort nb(); ushort t(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_hypergeometric_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2009 Maggie J. Xiong <maggiexyz users.sourceforge.net> The GSL CDF module was written by J. Stover. All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation as described in the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-04 CDF(3pm)