Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nohup Command gets status Stopped Post 302942605 by alexcol on Thursday 30th of April 2015 10:24:46 AM
Old 04-30-2015
Nohup Command gets status Stopped

Good Morning
I need your help please, i tried to execute this script using nohup command but it gets in status stopped

Code:
nohup ./SapInterfases.sh > SapInterfases.log &

prodstg02$ jobs
[1] + Stopped(SIGTTOU)            nohup ./SapInterfases.sh > SapInterfases.log &

I check out log:
Code:
$ more SapInterfases.log
Not a terminal

The goal is to execute each command sequentially and not to execute each command manually from the prompt shell
Those comamnds are sent out via Datastage jobs so logs are generaded by the application itself ?

Thanks for your help in advanced

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please wrap all code, files, input & output/errors in CODE tags.
It makes them far easier to read and preserves spaces in case that is important.

Last edited by rbatte1; 04-30-2015 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags and corrected spelling & case

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nohup Command

Hello All, I am newbie to unix.I am trying to use NOHUP command in shell script it works fine with only "nohup test.sh 10 &" and "/opt/user/nohup test.sh 10 &" gives an error saying "ksh: /opt/user/nohup : not found". Can anybody please guide me to make it work. Thanks Blazix (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blazix
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the command for nohup in Oracle

Hello, I need running the process from Oracle in backround. Thank you for your help. C.Abarca (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabarcaj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with nohup command

Hello folks, I have got a script which telnets to different boxes and runs a certain script with 3 run time args. The line from the script which does it is: (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd $FILEPATH" ; sleep 1 ; sleep 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup command..

Hi.. Can anybody tell me, what exactly the nohup command does & when is it used? Your help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

7. AIX

Nohup command

I'm trying to run a compress script in the background, but I even though the script is running in the background I get "Sending nohup output to nohup.out." and the screen just stays there. How can I make the script run in background and make my command prompt come back. I was using: nohup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process status for NOHUP command

Hi, I have run a shell script as a background process using 'nohup' command. I want to see the process id of this, so that I will be able to kill it later on when required. I tried to collect these details using 'ps' command and could not view this information. How do we get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Execute the ntpdate command only when NTP daemon is stopped?

Hi, Could somebody please explain me. why is it necessary to execute the "ntpdate" command only when ntp daemon is stopped , and also the probabale solution to reduce the high offset value. Thanks !! Laxxi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the exit status of a 'nohup' command using 'PID'.

Hello All, I need to run a set of scripts, say 50 of them, parallely. I'm running these 50 scripts, from inside a script with the help of 'nohup' command. 1.The fifty scripts are stored in a separate file. 2.In a master script, i'm reading every line of the file through loop and executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
4 Replies
nohup(1)						      General Commands Manual							  nohup(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
executes command with hangups and quits ignored. If output is not redirected by the user, both standard output and standard error are sent to If is not writable in the current directory, output is redirected to otherwise, fails. If a file is created, the file's permission bits will be set to If output from is redirected to a terminal, or is not redirected at all, the output is sent to EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
It is frequently desirable to apply to pipelines or lists of commands. This can be done only by placing pipelines and command lists in a single file, called a shell script. To run the script using features apply to the entire contents of file. If the shell script file is to be executed often, the need to type can be eliminated by setting execute permission on file. The script can also be run in the background with interrupts ignored (see sh(1)): file typically contains normal keyboard command sequences that one would want to continue running in case the terminal disconnects, such as: WARNINGS
Be careful to place punctuation properly. For example, in the command form: applies only to command1. To correct the problem, use the command form: Be careful of where standard error is redirected. The following command may put error messages on tape, making it unreadable: whereas puts the error messages into file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The command specified by command was found but could not be invoked An error occurred in the nohup utility or the specified command could not be found Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of the command specified. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), nice(1), sh(1), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
nohup(1)