Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerVM/lpar creation problems Post 302942600 by agent.kgb on Thursday 30th of April 2015 09:59:49 AM
Old 04-30-2015
The things are very easy. You must first read documentation, then plan, then make. And not the opposite.

IBM Redbooks | IBM PowerVM Virtualization Introduction and Configuration

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

3. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Package creation problems with Source files

Hi, I am creating "LSOF" solaris package from solaris "source" files. I have compiled the source file and with that i created prototype file also. Then using pkgmk command i can make the package . In the package i am having (pkginfo pkgmap reloc) two file and one directory respectively But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kathirvel G
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problems With User Creation Script

Hello everyone, I've been attempting to make a program which creates user accounts from a file which contains the usernames required. It also checks if the directory of the username exists in the C:\Users directory and then is going to give the option to delete the directory, or rename it, this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charlieabee
1 Replies

7. AIX

Some questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm

Some simple questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm. I want to learn AIX,so i will buy an used I285 from ebay. 1)Will support aix 7.1? 2)Is powervm avaliable?Where to download or buy it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

9. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

10. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)