Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML table in email body using C Shell Post 302942533 by jnrohit2k on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 12:41:43 PM
Old 04-29-2015
HTML table in email body using C Shell

I am using Sun Solaris ver. 5.10 and trying to send an HTML table in email body using mail command in C shell script.

I tried following commands:-

Code:
mail -m "MIME-Version: 1.0;Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8" receiver@mail.com < file.html

Code:
mail -m "Content-type: text/html;" -s "This is a test" receiver@mail.com < file.html

Code:
test | sendmail -t

test file content:
Code:

echo "From: sender@mail.com"
echo "To: receiver@mail.com"
echo "MIME Version: 1.0"
echo "Subject: Test"
echo "Content Type: text/html"
cat file.html

file.html:
Code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<table id="t01">
  <tr>
    <th>First Name</th>
    <th>Last Name</th>
    <th>Points</th>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>Jill</td>
    <td>Smith</td>
    <td>50</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>Eve</td>
    <td>Jackson</td>
    <td>94</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>John</td>
    <td>Doe</td>
    <td>80</td>
  </tr>
</table>
</html>

I need following output in email body;
First Name Last Name Points
Jill Smith 50
Eve Jackson 94
John Doe 80

but receiving file.html content in the body of email.

I am getting required result if I send HTML code (file.html) in attachment but I need the HTML code result in email body.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email with multiple attachments & HTML body

I have a html file: # cat sample.html <html> <body> Sample HTML file</p> </body> </html> And I have two excel sheets (sheet1.xls & sheet2.xls) I want to send an email by having the sample.html as the message body and two spreadsheets as the attachments. I tried using the below command:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding guidance related to HTML table in email body

Hello All, I have a query here. I am sending an HTML table(which I am creating it by a call to REST API, in a LINUX box) and from there I have to send it into an email. So following are the poins on same: As data is not static so it is writing Dynamic data and creating HTML file. There is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgre Query results as Email HTML table

Hello, I'm trying to send email from Greenplum query results as HTML table with status Red/Green Select Server, Last_Date from Table; Results Server, Last_Date Prod, 2018-04-09 Final email Output in HTML format Server Status LastDate Prod GREEN(BOX) 2018-04-09 (if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to generate table in email body

Below is the code snippet and I'm not able to generate the table in email, output email has nothing if ; then echo "File $fName exists." awk -F "," ' BEGIN { print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Out OF Network Fee - Portfolio Level Stats" print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyomdev
1 Replies
SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff(3pm)

Name
       SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff - Subversion activity HTML notification with colorized diff

Synopsis
       Use svnnotify in post-commit:

svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" 
	   --to developers@example.com --handler HTML::ColorDiff [options]

Use the class in a custom script:

use SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff;

my $notifier = SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff->new(%params);
	 $notifier->prepare;
	 $notifier->execute;

Description
       This subclass of SVN::Notify::HTML sends HTML formatted email messages for Subversion activity, and if the "with_diff" parameter is
       specified (but not "attach_diff"), then a pretty colorized version of the diff will be included, rather than the plain text diff output by
       SVN::Notify::HTML.

Usage
       To use SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff, simply follow the instructions in SVN::Notify, but when using svnnotify, specify "--handler
       HTML::ColorDiff".

Instance Interface
   Instance Methods
       output_css

$notifier->output_css($file_handle);

This method starts outputs the CSS for the HTML message.  SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff adds extra CSS to its output so that it can nicely
       style the diff.

output_diff

$notifier->output_diff($out_file_handle, $diff_file_handle);

Reads the diff data from $diff_file_handle and prints it to $out_file_handle for inclusion in the notification message. The diff is output
       with nice colorized HTML markup. Each line of the diff file is escaped by "HTML::Entities::encode_entities()".

If there are any "diff" filters, this method will do no HTML formatting, but redispatch to SVN::Notify::output_diff. See Writing Output
       Filters for details on filters.

See Also
       SVN::Notify
       SVN::Notify::HTML
       <CVSspam>

To Do
       o   Add inline emphasis just on the text that changed between two lines, like this:
	   <http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/cvsspam/example.html>.

o   Add links to To Do stuff to the top of the email, as pulled in from the diff.  This might be tricky, since the diff is currently output
	   after the message body. Maybe use absolute positioning CSS?

Author
       David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>

Copyright and License
       Copyright (c) 2004-2009 Kineticode, Inc. Some Rights Reserved.

This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

perl v5.10.1							    2011-03-15					 SVN::Notify::HTML::ColorDiff(3pm)