Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Loosing connection after authentication Post 302942491 by fretagi on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 08:20:42 AM
Old 04-29-2015
I have done what you suggested, I have configured my laptop with the same IP of the server, connect and no ISSUES!!!
what next??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux without loosing Win9x

If you wan't to try Linux but don't want to lose Micro$oft Win, 3 basic options. You can buy a new Disk ( wich aren't as expensive as they were) and install it there. You can partition your disk so that you'll be able to boot under win or linux. Or you can run VMware, wich is a great Virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlinpr
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace ascii chars without loosing it.

Hi, Can some one tell, how to replace ascii non printable TAB from the while to something, then later on replace it back to TAB. Basciallz we do bulk data processing, our processin treats TAB as new field , So I thought we can replace it with something and later on revert it. TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

4. Programming

Loosing signals even with sigqueue

Hi everyone, I have a process that forks many times.At a random time point the children must send a SIGUSR1 to the parent.To do that I'm using a pair of sigaction & sigqueue.However many signals are getting lost. Here are some code segments: a)sigaction sigset_t mask_set; /* used to set a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
12 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

You know your on the brink of loosing it when.....

you spend an entire day with scripting nightmares and go to bed real late in the early morning hrs to wake up to your gf asking you a question and your only answer is "It's in the script" LMAO Happened to me this morning would you believe that?? My daughter is 10yrs old and my gf wanted to check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO box loosing network connection

Hello, We have a SCO box running OpenServer 5.0.5. This has our business software on it (15 users connecting via terminal emulator (ansio lite)) which has been running for about 12-15yrs strong! Within the past 6-8 months, at random times of the day, we've been loosing connection to this box. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpcbrielle
8 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loosing formatting when echoing an awk script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When I echo out the output of my awk script I loose the formatting that I set in my awk script (it should be in a table format). 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: 3. The attempts at a solution (include all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

I have two Solaris 10 systems, A and B, both of which share home directories via NFS (served from a 3rd, Linux, machine). User names, uids, and home directories are identical when the same user has accounts on both Solaris 10 machines. When I run ssh -X user@A from my home machine, I can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfyPDX
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Samba loosing SID UID mapping

Hi all, I don't know how many times I've setup samba shares, but... It's been a while since the last time. The SID UID maps used to always seem random. I.E. if I had to move the data to another box, I'd have to note all of the SID / UID relations and write scripts to convert them on the new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
0 Replies
LAPTOP_MODE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LAPTOP_MODE(8)

NAME
/usr/sbin/laptop_mode - apply laptop mode settings SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/laptop_mode [ cmd ] [ force ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the /usr/sbin/laptop_mode command. laptop_mode is a program that applies the settings given in the /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf configuration file. The primary use is to control the laptop mode feature included in Linux kernels with versions 2.6.6 and higher, and 2.4.23 and higher. This feature increases battery life by letting your hard drive spin down. This is achieved by grouping disk write activity into "chunks" that are spaced at larger intervals than they normally would be. In addition to sup- porting the Linux kernel's laptop mode feature, /usr/sbin/laptop_mode also supports various power saving modules which are configured through configuration files in the /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d directory. It is not recommended to call /usr/sbin/laptop_mode directly to start or stop laptop mode, except in hardware event handlers. To apply new configuration settings from laptop-mode.conf, call the laptop-mode service init script with the reload parameter. COMMANDS
Specify force as the second parameter to force laptop_mode to re-apply a state even if the computer is already in that state. These are the values that are allowed for cmd : auto Enable or disable laptop mode based on the current power state. Note that this will not do anything if the laptop-mode service has not been started! status Display a status report about everything that laptop_mode affects. SEE ALSO
laptop-mode.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk) for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. LAPTOP_MODE(8)