Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FORTRAN:Algortihmic Problem
Top Forums Programming FORTRAN:Algortihmic Problem Post 302942479 by saleheen on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 06:16:09 AM
Old 04-29-2015
Thanks RudiC. But It seems like the concatenation operator only works for character strings, doesn't work with character and integer. I tried this way too.
Code:
       do i=1,9    ! file loop
      write(filename,*)'OwZ-',i,'.xyz'

Shows run time error!Seems like this damn thing vowed not to work.
Thanks a lot man!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORTRAN compiling

Hello, I have a FORTRAN code that I want to compile using F90 compiler. However, when I enter the command: f90 ./code.f -o ./code.out It would give me prompt saying that absoft license has failed, or something. I remember, however, that I could enter some keyword that ends with 'soft' in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
1 Replies

3. Programming

learning fortran

Can anyone recommend a very good Fortran online course for unix. It should also cover Fortran X11 programming if possible. I understand this learning cannot be rushed but a course that addresses useful topics sooner is best. If it isn't free, that's okay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gav2251
1 Replies

4. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

5. Linux

Fortran compile problem

Hello everyone, I am trying to compile a code under fedora14.Kernel Linux 2.6.35.6-45fc14.i686-GNOME 2.32.0. I use f77,g77 and gfortran to compile but I get the same error all ways. Unsupported OPEN control item at (^) -- ACTION=, ASSOCIATEVARIABLE=, BLOCKSIZE=, BUFFERCOUNT=,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
1 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with IF ELSEIF and GOTO statements in FORTRAN

Hi I am reading a book about Fortran 90 and I write the following code, to test my understanding of the first chapter. I have a problem with the last section of the code with deals with an IF, ELSEIF, and GOTO statements. Here is my Code PROGRAM sim ! This code is used to solve two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FORTRAN Compiler

Need assistance in Fortran Compiler I need to install Fortran compiler on Linux distribution . I don't have root access to use rpm or yum to install compiler . Is there any way I can get it ? Are there any sites that has fortran compiler . Any links to download and install . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
10 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN Extends

I am writing some code in fortran that defines certain shapes. Currently I have a cuboid and a prism. Now a parallelepiped is both a cuboid and a prism. Is there a way to code this? Currently I only have Type, Extends (Cuboid) :: Parallelepipied How can I do so that Parallelepipied is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Programming

FORTRAN p-norm

What would be an accurate and efficient computation of the p-norm in Fortran? Integer :: p Real :: sum, pn Do i = 1, Size (a) sum = sum + ((Abs a(i)) ** p) End Do pn = sum ** (1.0/ Real(p)) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
nextafterd64(3M)														  nextafterd64(3M)

NAME
nextafterd64(), nextafterd128(), nextafterd32(), nexttowardd64(), nexttowardd128(), nexttowardd32() - next representable decimal floating- point numbers SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function computes the next representable number following x in the direction toward y. Thus, if y is less than x, returns the largest representable number less than x. The function returns y if x equals y. The function is equivalent to except that the second parameter has the widest decimal floating-point type, and the function returns y con- verted to the type of the function if x equals y. The result of the function is determined in the type of the function, without loss of range or precision in a floating second argument, whose type may be wider than the type of the function. is a version of it takes arguments and returns a result. is a version of it takes arguments and returns a result. is a version of it takes a first argument and returns a result. is a version of it takes a first argument and returns a result. These math functions are supported for HP-UX 11i Version 3 September 2008 Update and forward. USAGE
To use any of these functions, compile with the option. Make sure your program defines and then includes Link in the math library by specifying or on the linking command line. For more information, see the at the following site: RETURN VALUE
If x equals y, returns y, and returns y converted to the type of x. If x is finite and the correct function value would overflow, these functions return according to the sign of x, and raise the overflow and inexact floating-point exceptions. If the return value is subnormal and x!=y, these functions raise the underflow and inexact floating-point exceptions. If x or y is NaN, these functions return NaN. ERRORS
If x is finite and the correct function value would overflow, these functions set to SEE ALSO
scalbnd64(3M), math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
These functions conform to ISO/IEC TR 24732, "Extension for the programming language C to support decimal floating-point arithmetic". HP Integrity Server Only nextafterd64(3M)