Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to use AD accounts in AIX? Post 302942469 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 04:58:54 AM
Old 04-29-2015
Aaaron,

it depends, what you understand under "integration". Do you need only authentication (passwords/users are the same in MSAD/AIX)? Do you need Single Sign-On (users are authenticated on AIX without password using their MSAD credentials)? Do you need automatic user replication from MSAD to AIX? Do you need MSAD groups and roles on AIX? Where do you want to store AIX-specific attributes, such as home directory, shell etc - in MSAD or on AIX? There are many questions to be answered first before the "integration". The way you go depends on this answers.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail accounts

Hi there I am a newbie. want to learn followings: 1. How can i create an mail only account.? 2. Where is the file containing mail accounts?What is the path? 3. Can i create mail accounts from PHP? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Activated accounts

Hello all, I am trying to list all accounts that are still activated on a HP-UX trusted system. I have tried to do something with the modprpw command but can't think of any way. Can someone give me a hint? I am not looking for a whole script, this I can do it, but just a way to get that into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Combine Accounts

I have two different accounts under two names. That is my fault and I own that issue. I would like to combine the two account or just remove one of them. How do I go about doing that on this site. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crobinson
1 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

combine accounts

I have two accounts, one for gmail and one for all other Google applications. I would like to put the gmail account on the same account as the others. I like Google, and all the products offered. However, it has been very difficult and frustrating to find this forum, and to figure out how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaimelle
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with user accounts

Hi All, How to know all the shells a user has access. Thank you . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Account(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Account(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Account - Base class for chart of accounts entries SYNOPSYS
This class contains methods for managing chart of accounts entries (headings and accounts). INERITS
LedgerSMB::DBObject METHODS
save() This method saves the chart of accounts entry. The hash component of the object may contain an id attribute, used to overwrite an account if that one exists. Hash entries Used: id: (optional): If set, overwrite existing account. accno: the text used to specify the account number description: Text to describe the account category: A = asset, L = liability, Q = Equity, I = Income, E = expense gifi_accno: The GIFI account entry control code heading: (Optional) The integer representing the heading.id desired contra: If true, the account balances on the opposite side. tax: If true, is a tax account link: a list of strings representing text box identifier. get() This method gets a chart of accounts entry. It requires that the $account->{id} value must be properly set. check_transactions() Returns true if the account has transactions, false if not. Also sets the $account->{has_transactions} value to the return value. $account->{id} must be set. is_recon Returns true if is set up for reconciliation. False otherwise. delete() Attempts to delete the account. This will NOT succeed if the account is referenced in any way by any transactions, credit accounts, etc. $account->{id} must be set. list() Returns a list of all accounts. generate_links() A mostly-private method for generating and checking whether link data is valid. This is usually done (automatically) in preparation for saving the information to the database. list_headings Returns a list of account_heading's. No inputs required. SEE ALSO
LedgerSMB::DBObject, LedgerSMB COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009, the LedgerSMB Core Team. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2, or at your option any later version. Please see the accompanying License.txt for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-25 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Account(3pm)