Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to use AD accounts in AIX? Post 302942469 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 04:58:54 AM
Old 04-29-2015
Aaaron,

it depends, what you understand under "integration". Do you need only authentication (passwords/users are the same in MSAD/AIX)? Do you need Single Sign-On (users are authenticated on AIX without password using their MSAD credentials)? Do you need automatic user replication from MSAD to AIX? Do you need MSAD groups and roles on AIX? Where do you want to store AIX-specific attributes, such as home directory, shell etc - in MSAD or on AIX? There are many questions to be answered first before the "integration". The way you go depends on this answers.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail accounts

Hi there I am a newbie. want to learn followings: 1. How can i create an mail only account.? 2. Where is the file containing mail accounts?What is the path? 3. Can i create mail accounts from PHP? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Activated accounts

Hello all, I am trying to list all accounts that are still activated on a HP-UX trusted system. I have tried to do something with the modprpw command but can't think of any way. Can someone give me a hint? I am not looking for a whole script, this I can do it, but just a way to get that into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Combine Accounts

I have two different accounts under two names. That is my fault and I own that issue. I would like to combine the two account or just remove one of them. How do I go about doing that on this site. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crobinson
1 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

combine accounts

I have two accounts, one for gmail and one for all other Google applications. I would like to put the gmail account on the same account as the others. I like Google, and all the products offered. However, it has been very difficult and frustrating to find this forum, and to figure out how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaimelle
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with user accounts

Hi All, How to know all the shells a user has access. Thank you . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)