Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to find text and print value Post 302942460 by clx on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 03:41:45 AM
Old 04-29-2015
I get 78 fields in header (taking comma as field seperater) and 119 in fields in second line.
Your file doesnt look proper or you have provided incomplete information.

Secondly, -F should be used as -F, if you want to consider comma as field seperater.
This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK...find a string ,if so print it

Hi, I need to find a string, if it finds then I need to print it , otherwise it has to goto next line.... input is====> uid = shashi, india uid ,uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ========== output shold be uid = shashi, india uid , uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find and print the last word of each line from a text file

Can any one help us in finding the the last word of each line from a text file and print it. eg: 1st --> aaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffff ee 2nd --> aab ered er fdf ere ww ww f the o/p should be a below. ee f (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find and print next string

Can I do this in one awk session. Solution I have is poor. I want to return the number after PID. echo "Start: 12345 is used by PID:11111 username" | awk -F: '{print $3}' | awk '{print $1}' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print columns with text and spaces

Hi, I'm using awk to print columns from a tab delimited text file: awk '{print " "$2" "$3" $6"}' file The problem I have is column 6 contains text with spaces etc which means awk only prints the first word. How can I tell awk to print the whole column content as column 6? Thanks, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: keenboy100
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print unique text in field

I am trying to use awk to print the unique entries in $2 So in the example below there are 3 lines but 2 of the lines match in $2 so only one is used in the output. File.txt chr17:29667512-29667673 NF1:exon.1;NF1:exon.2;NF1:exon.38;NF1:exon.4;NF1:exon.46;NF1:exon.47 703.807... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print unique text in field before hyphen

Trying to print the unique values in $2 before the -, currently the count is displayed. Hopefully, the below is close. Thank you :). file chr2:46603668-46603902 EPAS1-902|gc=54.3 253.1 chr2:211471445-211471675 CPS1-1205|gc=48.3 264.7 chr19:15291762-15291983 NOTCH3-1003|gc=68.8 195.8... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk, find and print

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file with many columns separated with ":" ARC=121:ERF=12244:IDE=2334:ADA=34 .... ERF=124:ARC=123:IDE=2344:ADA=54 .... ERF=16254:IDE=2434:ADA=78:ARC=134 .... and I want this: ARC=121:IDE=2334 ARC=123:IDE=2344 ARC=134:IDE=2434 I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
5 Replies
GSHADOW(5)                                                 File Formats and Conversions                                                 GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when a user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 GSHADOW(5)